Which Thyroid Tests to Have Run?

I’m Up for blood work and want to have the correct thyroid tests. I’ve read the sticky on it, but it was confusing.

I’m to run which tests?


Is this correct?

Thyroid antibodies

Is there a code for that Charlie?

Or do I just ask for “thyroid antibodies”?

Or it can be ordered separately. Tpo and tgab

Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPO)—the most common test for autoimmune thyroid disease; it can be detected in Graves disease or Hashimoto thyroiditis. Thyroglobulin antibody (TGAb)— this antibody targets thyroglobulin, the storage form of thyroid hormones

Anyone see anything wrong with these old thyroid tests:

TSH 1.72 (.40-4.50)
fT4 1.17 (.80-1.80)

TSH 1.37 (.35-4.94)

TSH 1.39 (.35-4.94)
fT4 1.1 (.7-1.48)

No. .

You just ask for thyroid antibodies. Your TSH may be a little elevated. By all means, get a full panel done but fT3 and fT3 are more important than fT4 because 1. T4 needs to be converted to t3 and you could have a conversion issue in your peripheral tissues 2. RT3 counteracts T3.

I don’t think you have any cause for alarm. I’m only responding because you asked a specific question about thyroid tests. I don’t think you have a thyroid problem but there’s no harm in getting the labs done.