T Nation

Which Supplements to Use?

I've been consuming a regular protein shake with whey powder for my before/after workout protein, and I always told myself to never go for all those supplements that you see in the magazines etc, since I've been told that they're a waste of money.

However on T-Nation, I know you guys are really smart about how to workout properly, and seeing taht everyone recommends Surge, HOT-ROX and what not, I figured I would give it a try. What kinds of supplements should I go for and when should I take them?

I’m 17 , not sure how much body fat - i can feel my abs but i can’t see them, 5’8" and I’ve been steadily increasing my muscle mass while keeping the same weight, and decreasing body fat.

i would say the order to go would be:
vitamin
fish/flax
whey
creatine

dont even really need the creatine, but those are the basics for me

Supplements are given that name because its what they do, they supplement a solid diet, they do not substitute one.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
i would say the order to go would be:
vitamin
fish/flax
whey
creatine

dont even really need the creatine, but those are the basics for me[/quote]

Add some mineral/electrolytes at/near the top and that would be my list, too.

IF you really have money to throw around, look for BCAAs and a PWO drink (Surge).

well a decent viatmin pack will have minerals wont it?, yeah the next thing i would add is BCAAs

Fish oil does wonders for my joints�??those guys who suggest 3-5 grams a day know what they�??re talking about. I don�??t mess with anything else: I don�??t want to fuck around with speed, and the specialized protein drinks and whatnot might work, but I really just don�??t understand the concepts behind them well enough to use them correctly, so I just don�??t bother.

yeah i dont really get bcaas, why isn’t it a powder… it is like like ~1g of super duper protein in a pill?

I currently Take,
Weight Gainer in the Morning (I find it hard to eat Solids)
Protein
Nitric Oxide / Creatine supplement
Fish Oil
and a Multi

Metabolic Drive Complete or Low Carb, Surge, BCAA’s, Creatine. These supps combined with quality nutrition and quality lifting will continue to yield muscle mass and strength gains. They are quality great tasting (Metabolic Drive) products.

D