Which strenght coach would you choose?

Nice choices Kelly.lol

For my stength coach, I would have to pick Kelly Bagget. That guy know his shit.

DB, CT, CP, CF, LS…

Ian King

CT

Kelly made a funny.

It would depend on the sport I chose.

Silverback’s post was a good one.

At least he didn’t get jumped all over for suggesting the Westside isn’t always the only way.

Personally, I’d choose Poliquin, only because I don’t know as much about the way he trains as coaches like King, Tate or others.

That may seem like I’m being naive, but I have experience using Poliquin’s Loading Protocols. I’m mostly interested in how he does his preparatory work, how he views some of the basic issues of performance training and how he integrates everything together.

I’d do my best not to have arm’s like Boston’s though.

I pick myself :slight_smile:

CT, and my mom as close second, she’s always right…

louie or CT. Both walk what they talk and are students as much as they are teachers. I would never invest my time with someone who thinks they know everything already.

Peace,
Ryan

CT, cos his stuff is doing wonders for me on the rugby field.

The ones who understand that “their” system is not the end all be all. With that said: Louie, CT, KellyB, and CW are all people I have alot of respect for and have really helped many in the strength and speed game.

I also have to second Tom Myslynki (sp?) His article/thesis and Elite was awesome! Read it and his Q&A stuff if you havent yet!!!

Poliquin would be my guy. He seems to be the originator of many of the topics that the new coaches are writing about. (Although I do feel that his programs are still a little bodybuilding-based for athletes.)Needless to say, this would be the guy to take me to the promised land. And from what I’ve heard, it would cost me a pretty penny!

I think DeFranco has moved up to my #2 guy. After seeing his interview on T-mag, I checked out his website - good stuff! I read all of the Q&A’s on his site and he definately has a broad knowledge base. This is the kind of guy you need as an athlete. He speaks in depth about strength, speed, flexibility, plyometrics and nutrition. He also seems to have the necessary experience. He trains a lot of athletes.

A lot of the guys mentioned on this thread are research guys. I don’t want an author training me, I want a strength & conditioning coach!

Anyway, props to trenchdawg on an interesting topic.

Who is a research guy? I haven’t seen one mentioned.