T Nation

Which Shoe for Track Sprints

Basicialy, I have some access now once a week for some track sprinting at a decent track at that. At the moment I’m doing either flat or hill sprints on grass whenever I can using a light pair of football mould boots for some grip. But now that I have the track Im gonna try get my 1200 quality meters on that.

Thing is I’m not sure about my Footware. I have a pair of vibram kso But I was thinking about getting a pair of either minimus MT10 or Merrell Trail glove. Only really for lifting and some everyday use. And I will sprint with them too.

Which of these pairs would be best suited though for sprinting on the track?

Thanks,

None of them. The best footwear for sprinting on a track is track spikes. If some other type of footwear were better then you would see them being worn by sprinters but you don’t.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
None of them. The best footwear for sprinting on a track is track spikes. If some other type of footwear were better then you would see them being worn by sprinters but you don’t. [/quote]

I appreciate your reply. But don’t you feel that answer was a little too obvious. I guess I should of worded my question better.

Obviously track spikes are best for track sprinting.

But at the moment I am just thinking about getting a new pair of shoes, perhaps either the Minimus MT10 or Merrell Trail Glove for multi-purpose use, such as lifting, conditioning and some everyday wear.

So my question is; Between both the Minimus MT10 and Merrell Trail Glove, which one do you reckon would be best suited for the multi-purpose use and also which I could use for sprinting on track (occasional off track) ?

Or Moveover, Would any of these shoes listed, V-KSO’s. Minimus MT10 or Merrell Trail Glove be ineffective for track sprinting, thus I’d need to consider getting track spikes or something similar as well?

Thanks!