Which Sheiko Program is Right for Me?

I’ve never really been one to follow programs. I basically have been taking bits and pieces from work out programs and creating my own work outs. The only programs I have done is smolov base and the entire smolov.

I just finished smolov and decided I would try to do an actual program instead is basically free styling my work outs.

I don’t really understand Sheiko, I guess there are a bunch of different programs for it and I don’t know which I should do.

Height:6’2
Weight:229
Bench:315
Squat:475
Deadlift 515

Those are my numbers. What Sheiko program should I be doing. Or should I even be doing Sheiko?

people usually say start with 29 then go to 37

I’m halfway through 29 right now. I’d definitely recommend starting there because the volume has been very tough to deal with. Make sure you’re recovery is spot on. I’ve been exhausted since I started, but I’m hoping within the next week or two my body will start to really adapt.

29, 37 and then 32. I imagine coming from Smolov, you’ll find the squatting and pulling on the easier side. The bench looks easy, but I ended up crazy sore my first go around with 29. If you haven’t been benching much while doing Smolov, take it easy on the bench.

Finished my first week of 29…found it very easy but in a good way. Bar speed was great. I put in conservative numbers for squat and deadlift. My bench I put in 105% of my max and have been pausing every rep.

Find the spreadsheet with multiple numbers + calculators and look at the volume calculators and also check out the percentages in each program. Then you can at least attempt to make an intelligent decision.

People often say go 29-37-32, but that’s really saying “do 29, then do a 29 with slightly more tonnage, and then do a peaking cycle”.

Can anyone link me to the correct spread sheets. I’ve downloaded a couple, but I don’t even know what I’m looking at.

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
Can anyone link me to the correct spread sheets. I’ve downloaded a couple, but I don’t even know what I’m looking at.[/quote]

I got a copy at : www.manhavenproject.com

Their Spreadsheet has a bunch of Sheiko programs, smolov, ed coan and russian squat program all on one spreadheet.

I started with 37. I think you can too.

I plan to run 37-30-31

If you have a meet coming up, 32 is supposed to be the meet prep one.

Same as this one
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXLUXLcK55HdGJ2bFBoNFY5QVZLdDhReGFfMU9TREE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I just finished the 29 cycle today. The weeks get progressively easier I find, which may seem a little counter intuitive. I’m planning to do the 13 week program that’s on this site. Search “sheiko shakes up powerlifting”

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:
I just finished the 29 cycle today. The weeks get progressively easier I find, which may seem a little counter intuitive. I’m planning to do the 13 week program that’s on this site. Search “sheiko shakes up powerlifting” [/quote]
I seen that.

I haven’t really looked over the entire 13 weeks. Think that would be something I could handle following 13 weeks of smolov?

[quote]Re.po wrote:

Can anyone link me to the correct spread sheets. I’ve downloaded a couple, but I don’t even know what I’m looking at.[/quote]

Their Spreadsheet has a bunch of Sheiko programs, smolov, ed coan and russian squat program all on one spreadheet.[/quote]

I just joined this forum - I’m happy people are using the spreadsheet.

[quote]Manhaven wrote:

[quote]Re.po wrote:

Their Spreadsheet has a bunch of Sheiko programs, smolov, ed coan and russian squat program all on one spreadheet.[/quote]

I just joined this forum - I’m happy people are using the spreadsheet.[/quote]

that spreadsheet is bad ass

I’m on week 4 of my first time with #29 and Sheiko in general. Ran the cube method as one of the test groups and then went straight onto Sheiko. First two weeks killed me, that first deadlift day tore my hands like a bitch but suddenly week 3 I felt fine. This last week feel amazing and stronger than I ever have with the 3 lifts. Got a IPF single ply meet coming up on the 23rd March then a 100% Raw on the 6th April so pretty interested to see how it goes!

My only issue is been doing research on using single ply gear in Sheiko, going to have to be a lot of trial and error but been doing some ground work too!

Goodluck with Sheiko man! My mate started Smolov and after the base cycle went from 180kg to a 205kg squat way below parallel!