T Nation

Which Razor Do You Use...

...I use the cheap Bic white/yellow disposable 2 blade. Cuts easy. For electric I use Braun 8985 with Remington facesaver powder. Whats your choice???

Rob.

PS:What can I use to get the Brett Farr shadow look to keep it that way sometimes?

I was the Gillette Fusion and the Braun 8950.

[quote]suprarob wrote:
PS:What can I use to get the Brett Farve shadow look to keep it that way sometimes?

[/quote]

You mean a 5 o’clock shadow? I used to just use a beard trimmer without any attachements. Now I use a Gillette Mach 3 and stay clean shaved.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:
suprarob wrote:
PS:What can I use to get the Brett Farve shadow look to keep it that way sometimes?

You mean a 5 o’clock shadow? I used to just use a beard trimmer without any attachements.[/quote]

Ummm…more like a two or three day shadow…

Gillette Fusion Turbo. Best razor I’ve ever used.

Gillette Fusion. Got it in the mail as a “Free Gift For Your 18th Birthday”. Kicks incredible ass but I ain’t payin’ $30 for replacement razors so I use Bic green and black 3 blades. Works great.

Lately a cheap, plastic pink razor from the package my girlfriend left in my bathroom closet.

I left my Mach 3 in Florida last week and haven’t been back to the store yet.

Im trying to use a straight edge razor.

Gillette Sensor, nothing beats it.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
Im trying to use a straight edge razor.[/quote]

How’s that been working for you? I’ve been thinking about giving it a shot one of these days.

[quote]conner wrote:
mr_slick wrote:

How’s that been working for you? I’ve been thinking about giving it a shot one of these days.[/quote]

Pretty good. Its the closes shave I have ever had. No matter how many blades they add on to a Razor or how sharp the electric razor is,nothing beats the classic. However,Dont rush the process of shaving because its really easy to cut yourself. It may take a little longer but its worth it.

I don’t. My facial hair is made of metal and detachable, so I simply move about my face with a magnet. It’s actually quite practical.

I;ve tried the fusion, but I still perfer the Mach 3 in terms of non-electric.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
Pretty good. Its the closes shave I have ever had. No matter how many blades they add on to a Razor or how sharp the electric razor is,nothing beats the classic. However,Dont rush the process of shaving because its really easy to cut yourself. It may take a little longer but its worth it.[/quote]
Seconded. The first couple of times are slow and awkward but you learn quickly.

I use a Dorko but am trying to find my greatgrandfather’s razors.

[quote]mr_slick wrote:
conner wrote:
mr_slick wrote:

How’s that been working for you? I’ve been thinking about giving it a shot one of these days.

Pretty good. Its the closes shave I have ever had. No matter how many blades they add on to a Razor or how sharp the electric razor is,nothing beats the classic. However,Dont rush the process of shaving because its really easy to cut yourself. It may take a little longer but its worth it.[/quote]

I’ve heard nothing but good things about a proper straight edge shave.

Do you use the brush and cream as well, or just slap on some generic shaving cream by hand?

I’m getting pretty tired of razor burn and way too expensive cartridges, and figure now is as good a time as any to try it old school.

I’ve never tried strait edge, but i’d imagine it to be the best shave. Maybe i’ll give that a try some time.

As far as shaving cream, my Wife recently picked up some CO Bigelow shaving cream and I have to say, it’s the best shaving cream i’ve ever used.

I also figured shaving creams/gels were all about the same, but I can tell a huge difference with the CO Bigelow stuff.

Where do I get a straight edge, sounds awesome!!!

Antique stores are probably the best source. Some knife stores sell razors as well.

At minimum you’ll also need a mirror, very good lighting, something to strop the razor (a flat leather belt will do, I used my weight belt a few times), shaving soap and patience to deal with the learning curve. Avoid modern shaving creams, or so I’ve been told - I’ve never used them.

Anyone know what I can use to maintain a 16th to 1/4 of an inch gotee look?

I use the schick fx diamond. They have been around for years and are discontinued in most stores other than walmart. Not much more than a buck a blade in the 10 pack and work very well.