Which QB Do You Draft?

I should probably clarify that in this year’s draft I would take Luck over RG3. Luck has that Big-Ben body combined with mobility and fantastic passing ability. I don’t usually agree with the ESPN football morons but I actually think the statement ‘once in a generation QB’ could apply to Luck.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I should probably clarify that in this year’s draft I would take Luck over RG3. Luck has that Big-Ben body combined with mobility and fantastic passing ability. I don’t usually agree with the ESPN football morons but I actually think the statement ‘once in a generation QB’ could apply to Luck. [/quote]

It’s really a toss up. It will be fun to watch how it all turns out.

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Sidenote: ever notice how the NFL combine resembles a giant slave auction…? Just saying, Hahaha[/quote]

The NFL will be the NBA in the not to distant future. Even the QBs and coaches are black now. It won’t be long before a dominant white player gets the Jeremy Lin treatment for his ‘amazing play.’

‘Oh my god… that white guy just scored a touchdown…’

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

I think a more fun conversation is who the fuck is going to buy off the #2 pick from St Louis?

… Chicago.

[/quote]

Don’t tease like that…

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Sidenote: ever notice how the NFL combine resembles a giant slave auction…? Just saying, Hahaha[/quote]

The NFL will be the NBA in the not to distant future. Even the QBs and coaches are black now. It won’t be long before a dominant white player gets the Jeremy Lin treatment for his ‘amazing play.’

‘Oh my god… that white guy just scored a touchdown…’[/quote]

When do offensive lineman or kickers ever score touchdowns…? Hahaha

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

I should probably clarify that in this year’s draft I would take Luck over RG3. Luck has that Big-Ben body combined with mobility and fantastic passing ability. I don’t usually agree with the ESPN football morons but I actually think the statement ‘once in a generation QB’ could apply to Luck. [/quote]

It’s really a toss up. It will be fun to watch how it all turns out. [/quote]

It’s really not.

Not that NFL GM’s are infallible but here’s a little ‘common sense’ test on how can’t miss Luck is vs RG3:

The Indianapolis Colts still have Peyton(and yes he can still play), and yet they aren’t even entertaining the idea of trading away the #1 or selecting RG3 instead.

The St. Louis Rams have Sam Bradford, who isn’t exactly tearing up the NFL(to be fair he has terrible talent around him aside from Jackson), and is a papercut away from being sidelined for another season, yet there is 0 reports of them preparing to take him at #2(in fact, there’s reports that if they don’t get a good enough offer they’ll just take Kalil and let him fall to CLE, which would be fuckin sweet).

I’m not saying this means RG3 is bad, but he’s not Andrew Luck.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

It’s really not.

Not that NFL GM’s are infallible but here’s a little ‘common sense’ test on how can’t miss Luck is vs RG3:

The Indianapolis Colts still have Peyton(and yes he can still play), and yet they aren’t even entertaining the idea of trading away the #1 or selecting RG3 instead.

The St. Louis Rams have Sam Bradford, who isn’t exactly tearing up the NFL(to be fair he has terrible talent around him aside from Jackson), and is a papercut away from being sidelined for another season, yet there is 0 reports of them preparing to take him at #2(in fact, there’s reports that if they don’t get a good enough offer they’ll just take Kalil and let him fall to CLE, which would be fuckin sweet).

I’m not saying this means RG3 is bad, but he’s not Andrew Luck.[/quote]

We’ll have to wait and see.

All I’m saying is I was at a bar last night and a guy said ‘I don’t know man, Luck just seems like he’s a smarter quarterback than Griffin…’

Stats, combine performances, and or college offensive systems aside I think this mentality has a lot to do with Luck’s hype.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Randall Cunningham.

No fucking doubt.[/quote]

Randall won a super bowl?

What alternate universe did this happen in Irish?

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

My dad called that as well, said RGIII is the second coming of Randall without the character isssues at the beginning of his career.

I’d draft RGIII over Luck any day. He’s gonna be the truth, y’all just wait and see. [/quote]

You should have been here last year. I talked about how Cam Newton would be the no.1 pick and deserved to be the no.1 pick and was ultimately going to be a star in the NFL. This was before clowns like Mel Kiper and the other dweeb on ESPN had him no.1 on their board and everyone was saying how he wouldn’t be able to adjust to the NFL game. And what’s more, I was talking up Newton even though I vehemently dislike the SEC.

Also Z-Mo - don’t publicly announce you’re a Mike Vick fan, you’ll get Sandusky-like vilification by some of the ‘T-Nation NFL guys’ on here.[/quote]

#1 I am a Cowboys fan and basically do not like anyone on the Eagles.
#2 You get shit cause you pop into the NFL thread post garbage and then bounce. You refuse to even consider or talk about the true aspect of the game.
#3 AGAIN like has been said, this is not a race thing its proven facts, no Running QB has won a SB. Young had to become an elite pocket passer to get it.
#4 The NFL brand has grown on what its demographic is established on, it has been on the fore front of business development. The NBA is now trying to follow the NFL model due to its success.

Vick is a polarizing figure and he took his status and money for granted. Men who work hard for a living to provide for their families cant help but be resentful for what he has received. That is aside from his total lack of humanity in what he did to the dogs. As a football QB he has the track record to show that while he flashes he will never in all likely hood get a SB ring. He cant stay healthy and play a 16 game season, and his sack ratio’s, completion % and pocket presence leaves a ton to be desired.

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

My dad called that as well, said RGIII is the second coming of Randall without the character isssues at the beginning of his career.

I’d draft RGIII over Luck any day. He’s gonna be the truth, y’all just wait and see. [/quote]

You should have been here last year. I talked about how Cam Newton would be the no.1 pick and deserved to be the no.1 pick and was ultimately going to be a star in the NFL. This was before clowns like Mel Kiper and the other dweeb on ESPN had him no.1 on their board and everyone was saying how he wouldn’t be able to adjust to the NFL game. And what’s more, I was talking up Newton even though I vehemently dislike the SEC.

Also Z-Mo - don’t publicly announce you’re a Mike Vick fan, you’ll get Sandusky-like vilification by some of the ‘T-Nation NFL guys’ on here.[/quote]

This is a fucked up post! I always talk positive about Vick & am a HUGE dog lover. Not once have I ever felt vilified. No one has ever said anything negative towards me in any light about it. I know you didn’t catch shit in the NFL thread.

I also don’t recall seeing you in there & holding Cam in such high regard as you are here Mr. Kiper.

I caught more shit in talking about Newton & his success, than I ever did about Vick.

DB Hasselhoff:

FTR I made the Newton-Griffin Comparison based on the spread offense and being running style QB’s and not on their bodies.

All:

Who is going to buy St. Louis’s pick? If Cleveland (Holmgren) decides to do it they’re stupid. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

They need to stay with McCoy and improve their O-line. If they move up to draft RG3, not only will they be saying “hey Hook’em McCoy, go fuck yourself,” but they’ll also be offering RG3 up for the same slaughter from teams like Pitt AND B-more, both of whom they have to play TWICE in a season.

I like to think Holmgren is smarter than that.

So who will it be?

I’m a tittering little school girl daydreaming about a tea-party with my dollies on this one. It’s going to be an interesting draft this year boys!

Also, HOW STUPID DOES OAKLAND LOOK NOW???

I mean yeah, they were pretty dumb before, but giving up that first round pick to Cinci for Palmer was not smart.

St Louie came out last night & said they ARE trading the 2nd pick.

Biggest difference between Cam & RG is the mentality level. Cam scored low on the wonderlick & RG blew that & every in front of your face w/management away. I think the guy is going to really good. Now the question will be, who drafts him? If he goes to Mia. I think w/Philbins success w/Rodgers?Flynn he’ll prosper. If he goes to the Skins’ will/can the Shanny boys develop him?

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

It’s really not.

All I’m saying is I was at a bar last night and a guy said ‘I don’t know man, Luck just seems like he’s a smarter quarterback than Griffin…’

Stats, combine performances, and or college offensive systems aside I think this mentality has a lot to do with Luck’s hype. [/quote]

The mentality that he ran a pro offense and is thus more pro ready? Ya, how crazy, that mentality. Rational thought has not place in sports discussions, it must just be racism.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
DB Hasselhoff:

FTR I made the Newton-Griffin Comparison based on the spread offense and being running style QB’s and not on their bodies.

All:

Who is going to buy St. Louis’s pick? If Cleveland (Holmgren) decides to do it they’re stupid. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

They need to stay with McCoy and improve their O-line. If they move up to draft RG3, not only will they be saying “hey Hook’em McCoy, go fuck yourself,” but they’ll also be offering RG3 up for the same slaughter from teams like Pitt AND B-more, both of whom they have to play TWICE in a season.

So who will it be?

I’m a tittering little school girl daydreaming about a tea-party with my dollies on this one. It’s going to be an interesting draft this year boys!

I mean yeah, they were pretty dumb before, but giving up that first round pick to Cinci for Palmer was not smart.

[/quote]

I say Seattle makes a sneak attack and gets RG3, but Foreskins may also.

Browns are going to trade for Flynn, then take Blackmon at 4, then a RB in bottom of 1st.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

What alternate universe did this happen in Irish? [/quote]

I’m a giants fan… but don’t you talk bad about Randall Cunningham…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

I’m a giants fan… but don’t you talk bad about Randall Cunningham…[/quote]

Not bad, just a fact, I didnt appreciate him during his day, as a Cowboys fan.

However I have seen some documentaries about him, he fucked up his chance due to off the field issues. He is a good man, has had some bad things happen to him, (he lost a child), but he is actually a minister now.

He was a physical God during the time when football was just a different sport than now.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

It’s really not.

Stats, combine performances, and or college offensive systems aside I think this mentality has a lot to do with Luck’s hype. [/quote]

The mentality that he ran a pro offense and is thus more pro ready? Ya, how crazy, that mentality. Rational thought has not place in sports discussions, it must just be racism.
[/quote]

I said college offensive systems aside.

I will not return you sarcastic attack, I will just direct you to my previous post.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

I’m a giants fan… but don’t you talk bad about Randall Cunningham…[/quote]

Not bad, just a fact, I didnt appreciate him during his day, as a Cowboys fan.

However I have seen some documentaries about him, he fucked up his chance due to off the field issues. He is a good man, has had some bad things happen to him, (he lost a child), but he is actually a minister now.

He was a physical God during the time when football was just a different sport than now. [/quote]

He was pretty sick in Madden 93, him and Deion were crazy fast.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
DB Hasselhoff:

All:

So who will it be?

[/quote]

I say Seattle makes a sneak attack and gets RG3, but Foreskins may also.

Browns are going to trade for Flynn, then take Blackmon at 4, then a RB in bottom of 1st.[/quote]

I think seattle would be a good fit as long as they get some recievers in there for him to throw to. Pete Carrol would be a good coach for him and his development.

I don’t want him to go to Washington, that place has been a black hole for talent recently.

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

your an idiot

My point, lucks been doing it and NFL ready plus he has the only thing that matters…