4.41 40 yd

B
2011 NCAA stats
3517 yards
71.3% completion
37 TDs
10 INTs
4.67 40 yd

Both are similar in height, graduated college, and played in competitive conferences.

Who ya got…?

If we only had an NFL thread to discuss this in?

B

Cause Luck is NFL ready.

Stats only tell a fraction of the story. Luck has played in an NFL style offense, RG3 played in a spread offense at Baylor and will have to adjust. Not that he can’t, but Luck has already proven that he can.

[quote]overstand wrote:
Stats only tell a fraction of the story. Luck has played in an NFL style offense, RG3 played in a spread offense at Baylor and will have to adjust. Not that he can’t, but Luck has already proven that he can.[/quote]

Exactly what I said above you :slight_smile:

He is NFL ready.

PLUS I will pose a question.

Who was the last running QB to win the SB?

People seem to think that physical attributes like speed, arm strength and so on are important factors for a QB’s success. They aren’t. Arm strength only matters up to a certain point and the fact is that the biggest arm in the world means nothing if it’s inaccurate or attached to a head unable to comprehend coverage schemes.

I understand that RG3 is a throw-first QB and that more elements of the spread offense are finding their way into the NFL, which makes the transition easier now. But if you look at the important attributes for a QB to have, accuracy, understanding of a pro-style offense and how to read defenses, mobility in the pocket, and a quick release with good timing, Luck has all of this and has demonstrated as much for several years in college. Griffith has these qualities as well, but not to the extent that Luck has. Griffith’s physical upside is better, but Luck is no statue back there. He’s big and he’s fast and he’s athletic; he throws well on the run.

If you look at what teams ask of their QB first and foremost, Luck is the total package and Griffith isn’t. Teams don’t ask their QB to run well the ball, they ask that he complete a high percentage of passes, they ask that he shoulder responsibility for making the right audible in given situations and they ask that he not turn the ball over. If this is what you ask of your QB, and this is what all the great offenses that have won Super Bowls ask, the answer is clearly Luck. If you were to place Vick and Brady in the same draft, it would be a no-brainer as to who is the better prospect, but we all know which one is the great QB and which one is the average QB with above-average talent. I’ll take production over talent any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I pick which ever one is Luck.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:
Stats only tell a fraction of the story. Luck has played in an NFL style offense, RG3 played in a spread offense at Baylor and will have to adjust. Not that he can’t, but Luck has already proven that he can.[/quote]

He is NFL ready.

Who was the last running QB to win the SB?[/quote]

Steve Young.

OP, I think you need to break down Rushing and Passing yards for each QB for a finer look.

40 time doesn’t matter shit. They’re literally .26 seconds apart. 1/4 second basically.

I’d say Luck is the man, but damn, lookit what Cam did last year with basically NOTHING going on around him and you can wager that wherever RG3 ends up he’ll make some noise.

Both QB’s are fine young men, educated, humble, and all kinds of competitive. With one you have nearly olympic caliber speed, with the other you’ve got three years under the best football coach in the world (Harbaugh). It’s a crapshoot.

I think a more fun conversation is who the fuck is going to buy off the #2 pick from St Louis?

I’d like to say the Redskins, but I’d also like to say Miami, Seattle, Kansas City, Arizona, and Chicago too.

We’ll see fuckers!!!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
People seem to think that physical attributes like speed, arm strength and so on are important factors for a QB’s success. They aren’t. Arm strength only matters up to a certain point and the fact is that the biggest arm in the world means nothing if it’s inaccurate or attached to a head unable to comprehend coverage schemes.

I understand that RG3 is a throw-first QB and that more elements of the spread offense are finding their way into the NFL, which makes the transition easier now. But if you look at the important attributes for a QB to have, accuracy, understanding of a pro-style offense and how to read defenses, mobility in the pocket, and a quick release with good timing, Luck has all of this and has demonstrated as much for several years in college. Griffith has these qualities as well, but not to the extent that Luck has. Griffith’s physical upside is better, but Luck is no statue back there. He’s big and he’s fast and he’s athletic; he throws well on the run.

If you look at what teams ask of their QB first and foremost, Luck is the total package and Griffith isn’t. Teams don’t ask their QB to run well the ball, they ask that he complete a high percentage of passes, they ask that he shoulder responsibility for making the right audible in given situations and they ask that he not turn the ball over. If this is what you ask of your QB, and this is what all the great offenses that have won Super Bowls ask, the answer is clearly Luck. If you were to place Vick and Brady in the same draft, it would be a no-brainer as to who is the better prospect, but we all know which one is the great QB and which one is the average QB with above-average talent. I’ll take production over talent any day of the week and twice on Sundays.[/quote]

Yes, however;

Cam Newton buttfucks this post.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

He is NFL ready.

Steve Young.

OP, I think you need to break down Rushing and Passing yards for each QB for a finer look.

40 time doesn’t matter shit. They’re literally .26 seconds apart. 1/4 second basically.

I’d say Luck is the man, but damn, lookit what Cam did last year with basically NOTHING going on around him and you can wager that wherever RG3 ends up he’ll make some noise.

Both QB’s are fine young men, educated, humble, and all kinds of competitive. With one you have nearly olympic caliber speed, with the other you’ve got three years under the best football coach in the world (Harbaugh). It’s a crapshoot.

I think a more fun conversation is who the fuck is going to buy off the #2 pick from St Louis?

I’d like to say the Redskins, but I’d also like to say Miami, Seattle, Kansas City, Arizona, and Chicago too.

We’ll see fuckers!!!

[/quote]

That is the only one is Young, and he was left handed and ghey.

RG3 has great potential, but come on guys he is coming from fucking Baylor and the spread.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

He is NFL ready.

Steve Young.

We’ll see fuckers!!!

[/quote]

That is the only one is Young, and he was left handed and ghey.

RG3 has great potential, but come on guys he is coming from fucking Baylor and the spread.

[/quote]

can i mention jom mcmahon here?

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

He is NFL ready.

Steve Young.

We’ll see fuckers!!!

[/quote]

Steve Young won the Super Bowl after he made the transition from a running QB to a pure pocket passer. Running was a last resort for Young by 92 or 93, except that when he DID run, which he was forced to do often because he played behind the remnants of Montana’s line, he ran very, very well, hence the reputation as a running QB.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

If you look at what teams ask of their QB first and foremost, Luck is the total package and Griffith isn’t. Teams don’t ask their QB to run well the ball, they ask that he complete a high percentage of passes, they ask that he shoulder responsibility for making the right audible in given situations and they ask that he not turn the ball over. If this is what you ask of your QB, and this is what all the great offenses that have won Super Bowls ask, the answer is clearly Luck. If you were to place Vick and Brady in the same draft, it would be a no-brainer as to who is the better prospect, but we all know which one is the great QB and which one is the average QB with above-average talent. I’ll take production over talent any day of the week and twice on Sundays.[/quote]

Yes, however;

Cam Newton buttfucks this post.

[/quote]

If Cam Newton is putting up the same numbers for the next 10 years that he put up this year AND he’s at least played in a Super Bowl, he buttfucks this post. As of now, a one-year sample size from one player is too small to be relevant to Griffith’s situation. And the fact is that Griffith and Newton are two totally different players. Newton has three or four inches and at least 20 lbs on Griffith.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]overstand wrote:

He is NFL ready.

Steve Young.

We’ll see fuckers!!!

[/quote]

Steve Young won the Super Bowl after he made the transition from a running QB to a pure pocket passer. Running was a last resort for Young by 92 or 93, except that when he DID run, which he was forced to do often because he played behind the remnants of Montana’s line, he ran very, very well, hence the reputation as a running QB.[/quote]

Ha, what a red herring… Steve Young broke the QB PASSER RATING the year he won the Superbowl.

The white one.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
The white one.[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaha

Randall Cunningham.

No fucking doubt.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Randall Cunningham.

No fucking doubt.[/quote]

My dad called that as well, said RGIII is the second coming of Randall without the character isssues at the beginning of his career.

I’d draft RGIII over Luck any day. He’s gonna be the truth, y’all just wait and see.

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

My dad called that as well, said RGIII is the second coming of Randall without the character isssues at the beginning of his career.

I’d draft RGIII over Luck any day. He’s gonna be the truth, y’all just wait and see. [/quote]

You should have been here last year. I talked about how Cam Newton would be the no.1 pick and deserved to be the no.1 pick and was ultimately going to be a star in the NFL. This was before clowns like Mel Kiper and the other dweeb on ESPN had him no.1 on their board and everyone was saying how he wouldn’t be able to adjust to the NFL game. And what’s more, I was talking up Newton even though I vehemently dislike the SEC.

Also Z-Mo - don’t publicly announce you’re a Mike Vick fan, you’ll get Sandusky-like vilification by some of the ‘T-Nation NFL guys’ on here.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

[quote]ZMorris83 wrote:

Randall Cunningham.

I’d draft RGIII over Luck any day. He’s gonna be the truth, y’all just wait and see. [/quote]

You should have been here last year. I talked about how Cam Newton would be the no.1 pick and deserved to be the no.1 pick and was ultimately going to be a star in the NFL. This was before clowns like Mel Kiper and the other dweeb on ESPN had him no.1 on their board and everyone was saying how he wouldn’t be able to adjust to the NFL game. And what’s more, I was talking up Newton even though I vehemently dislike the SEC.

Also Z-Mo - don’t publicly announce you’re a Mike Vick fan, you’ll get Sandusky-like vilification by some of the ‘T-Nation NFL guys’ on here.[/quote]

Silly black folk thinking they can play quarterback…

Sidenote: ever notice how the NFL combine resembles a giant slave auction…? Just saying, Hahaha