T Nation

Which Protein?

Hey Everyone,

Seeing as how T-Nation is having huge discounted prices on protein and workout nutrition supplements, I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on what my money is best spent on.

I get about 60-70 bucks a month to spend on food. I usually go with chicken, peanut butter, eggs, lean cuts of meat, fish, milk, oatmeal, cottage cheese, and a variety of nuts. I also supplement with generic protein powder. All this stuff is bought in bulk at Costco so I save a little bit of money.

I am planning on picking up some SWF and SR for my workout nutrition protocol. As far as protein powders go, would you opt for a bunch of Grow! for protein fillers throughout the day or Metabolic Drive complete?

Obviously you get more servings of Whey for cheaper and can easily help fill your protein needs for a day. I also like Metabolic Drive as it is essentially a meal replacement and has a pretty balanced ratio of macronutrients.

MM

Give Metabolic Drive a try I’ve never had it, but it just looks/sounds phenomenal. It just seems like the overall better choice as your getting those desired calories and quality protein. There both great products, so which ever one you choose it won’t be a disappointment.

You get by on 60-70$ a month for groceries? I spend atleast 300$ a month and I live alone. I’d spend upward of 500 a month if I could afford it.

[quote]Fulford wrote:
Give Metabolic Drive a try I’ve never had it, but it just looks/sounds phenomenal. It just seems like the overall better choice as your getting those desired calories and quality protein. There both great products, so which ever one you choose it won’t be a disappointment.

[/quote]

My friend bought the banana and let me try it. Oh man, thats good stuff. Thing is Metabolic Drive is pretty pricey for the amount you get.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
You get by on 60-70$ a month on groceries? I spend atleast 300$ a month and I live alone. I’d spend upward of 500 a month if I could afford it.[/quote]

Poor college student :frowning:

Costco helps though as I can buy bulk of meat. With 60 bucks I could get a 8 packs of chicken, a couple lbs of ground beef, cottage cheese, eggs, milk, nuts. The nuts last me a while so I’m good with that.

300 a month? Damn what do you buy? and how much of it?

ichh its not a lot of money …i spend at least 100-150 $ only for me and we are 3 at home, wife and kid. For protein i,ll bet on MD…pretty good protein in my opinion

Get MD low carb and Gorw! whey. Great stuff.

I wish they had these prices last week when I made my big order. Dang.

With the new price break I’d go with Metabolic Drive Complete. Awesome blend of quality proteins and good calorie content to fuel muscle repair and growth.

D

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
You get by on 60-70$ a month for groceries? I spend atleast 300$ a month and I live alone. I’d spend upward of 500 a month if I could afford it.[/quote]

Same here, I thought he might have meant a week. I spend upwards of $400 not including eating out.

Shit Shit Shit,

I must have had a brain fart. I meant 60-70 a week! My bad guys

And thanks for the recommendations