Which Protein Shake has Less Cancer?

I was taking Muscle Milk every morning after my workout, and also in times I didn’t feel like eating a huge meal. Now after this Consumer Reports study that said some protein shakes contained “arsenic, cadmium, lead or mercuryâ??contaminants”, I am not sure what to take.

I read the rebuttal of the Consumer Reports study on the Muscle Milk website, but I wasn’t that pleased with the answer. They pretty much said it is dangerous as tuna in a can.

I eat tuna in a can occasionally because I know the negative aspects of it, not every day. Muscle Milk is not made in the sea, it is made in a factory. I expected it to not be dangerous at all, I am annoyed by this.

Is there any information out there on healthy protein shakes?

Also what is going to happen to the pro bodybuilders that live on this stuff? Are they going to live past 50?

What are you, twelve?

[quote]merc22 wrote:
I was taking Muscle Milk every morning after my workout, and also in times I didn’t feel like eating a huge meal. Now after this Consumer Reports study that said some protein shakes contained “arsenic, cadmium, lead or mercuryâ??contaminants”, I am not sure what to take.

I read the rebuttal of the Consumer Reports study on the Muscle Milk website, but I wasn’t that pleased with the answer. They pretty much said it is dangerous as tuna in a can.

I eat tuna in a can occasionally because I know the negative aspects of it, not every day. Muscle Milk is not made in the sea, it is made in a factory. I expected it to not be dangerous at all, I am annoyed by this.

Is there any information out there on healthy protein shakes?

Also what is going to happen to the pro bodybuilders that live on this stuff? Are they going to live past 50?[/quote]

Are you serious? So there are actually protein powders that contain uncontrollably dividing cells?

Hmm, you learn something new everyday. rolls eyes and smashes face on keyboard

Muscle Milk is disgusting anyways.

they all have cancer. just put em in your microwave. the radiation will kill the cancer. no worries

[quote]merc22 wrote:
… Now after this Consumer Reports study that said some protein shakes contained “arsenic, cadmium, lead or mercuryâ??contaminants”, I am not sure what to take…[/quote]

it’s amazing how lax some of these processing centers are. i’ve used consumerlabs for a few years and although they never test all the brands (so there are holes in the usefulness of the information) you do figure out after a while which labs to trust for ongoing QA

it wasn’t on the list (good or bad) but i’ve recently gone back to designs for health whey since it’s minimally processed/grass-fed sourced. i don’t live on whey so the extra cost isn’t a concern (especially in lieu of contaminants recently reported)

companies i trust: Biotest, solgar…

I like Cancer-Fuel, or, I hear the new hardcore line of Cancer-Tech supps should be out by Olympia time.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I like Cancer-Fuel, or, I hear the new hardcore line of Cancer-Tech supps should be out by Olympia time.

S[/quote]

I didn’t know this stuff was coming out already. That’s awesome! I heard it causes pituitary tumors, and that’s how the top pros get so big.

I read that everyone that takes protein powder eventually dies.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I read that everyone that takes protein powder eventually dies.

[/quote]
lol

My father left me that issue in my room like a week or two ago (he’s a doctor and thinks all protein powders are dangerous). You should try Surge Recovery for post-workout and Metabolic Drive as a MRP. Neither one of these were amongst the “dangerous proteins” listed by Consumer Reports and both (especially the Metabolic Drive) taste fucking amazing.

[quote]Mouldsie wrote:
companies i trust: Biotest, solgar…[/quote]

solgar states not sourced from growth hormone cows which i like, and they had no cadmium, lead, or mercury, but some arsenic. i’d have to google to know if 0.6mcg is anything, but it still seems incredulous that they could get this from processing milk and vanilla bean?

i just wish the list included more sampling, since only 10 brands were tested (although i bet there are only a handful of processing centers so tracing it back to the source would have been the most valuable)

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
they all have cancer. just put em in your microwave. the radiation will kill the cancer. no worries[/quote]

Or it will turn in to SUPER CANCER.

come on, that is a funny title

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

I tried some CancerFuel, then Consumer Reports said the contents of carcinogens was far below the amounts stated on the label.

I hear if you grill your protein powder, especially making sure to get some extra char on it then it contains far less cancers this way.