T Nation

Which Protein Powder?

Greetings All…I will be visiting the U.S.A. this summer and I want to pop into GNC and pick up a few tubs of Whey Protein Powder. My question is…which one do T-Mag lifters recommend? I have never bought protein powder at GNC before so I am totally lost…Thanx in advance…

On the off-chance that this is not a troll, and since I’m doing the same later this month …

T-Nation is owned by Biotest (www.biotestedge.com) who happen to make the best protein powders on the market. So on the front page of this site, go to the Grow! links, buy some, get it delivered to one of your friends and take it home on the plane with you.

Yes I realize that Biotest has great products. And I would love to use them, but due to lack of time and being a stranger, I figured I would pick up something at GNC. Do they sell Biotest
products there? As I said, I am open to suggestions…Thanx again

Heh, next time I’m buying a car I’m going to ask the folks at GM what kind of Ford I should buy… :wink:

If you are shopping at GNC, just buy any old crap as long as it isn’t full of soy protein. I mean, if you are only getting a few tubs, its not like you lifting career is going to be impacted by your choice.

get some Grow!

[quote]slam dunk wrote:
Yes I realize that Biotest has great products. And I would love to use them, but due to lack of time and being a stranger, I figured I would pick up something at GNC. Do they sell Biotest
products there? As I said, I am open to suggestions…Thanx again[/quote]

I would attempt to make arrangement for a Grow! pick-up. I searched for some time to find the “best” protein powder out there and Grow! hands down is the best.

Where are you visiting?

-Machine

I would think you could just have it delivered to wherever you are visiting, whether it is someone’s house or, if on business, have it delivered to your hotel. Shouldn’t be too complicated I would think.

Kuz

Biotest ships FedEx. Until it arrives, just go with the chicken smoothies.

Thanx for your replies so far. I will be visiting the NY City area just for 5
days. As there is no Biotest store to visit, I assumed GNC would be an easy option. Thanx again for your comments.

Umm if the GNC your are visting doesnt have GROW!. Pick up Optiumum Nutrition Whey Protein is almost the same as Grow!, but it is more expensive.

[quote]slam dunk wrote:
…I figured I would pick up something at GNC. Do they sell Biotest
products there? As I said, I am open to suggestions…Thanx again[/quote]

GNC does carry Biotest products, but they will be considerably more expensive than off of T-Nation, thanks to the enormous royalty fees that GNC rips off of their stores.

If you are going to buy retail, I would check to see if a Vitamin Shoppe is nearby. The stores around here carry a better selection of Biotest products, have a better overall assortment, and tend to be a bit cheaper than GNC. The three Vitamin Shoppes around Nashville all carry Low-Carb Grow!, and two of them carry Classic Grow!.

~Terumo

[quote]slam dunk wrote:
Thanx for your replies so far. I will be visiting the NY City area just for 5
days. As there is no Biotest store to visit, I assumed GNC would be an easy option. Thanx again for your comments.[/quote]

I travel non-stop. Order your Grow! and have it shipped to your hotel. Notify them first and it will be waiting for you when you get there. Hotels receive “stuff” daily for guests. This is not’an unusual request.

Why is everyone telling this dude to pick up some Grow without asking what he wants the protein for? Maybe he needs it for PWO. If this is the case, you should get Surge instead. Surge is great post-workout.

If you can’t arrange to get Biotest Surge and you need a PWO, get some regular whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey and some dextrose or malto. Not sure what store you can buy dextrose in. You can get in online for cheap, but if you had time to do that you’d have time to get some Surge instead.

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Umm if the GNC your are visting doesnt have GROW!. Pick up Optiumum Nutrition Whey Protein is almost the same as Grow!, but it is more expensive.[/quote]

Whey? Grow! has a bunch of casein as well.
so i guess they arent the same unless the brand you mentioned has the same protein make up as Grow!

…did you mean in tearms of flavor or something like that?

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Umm if the GNC your are visting doesnt have GROW!. Pick up Optiumum Nutrition Whey Protein is almost the same as Grow!, but it is more expensive.[/quote]

WTF??

Sure, there’s a little whey in Grow!, but these products are not anywhere near “almost the same.”

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Why is everyone telling this dude to pick up some Grow! without asking what he wants the protein for?[/quote]

Because he asked about protein powders.

Most people don’t consider Surge to be a protein powder.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Why is everyone telling this dude to pick up some Grow! without asking what he wants the protein for?

Because he asked about protein powders.

Most people don’t consider Surge to be a protein powder.[/quote]

That is true. But we don’t really know what he wants it for. If he wants protein for post-workout while he is here to have along with a simple carb source, Grow! is not a good choice. If he wants something to help him get enough protein throughout the day while on vacation, Grow! is an excellent choice.