Which Plan Next?

Yeah… most people overlook the concept of overlap in their program design.

Agreed, great routine. Big fan of the progression scheme and worked a charm for me, got a bit bored of it after a few run throughs but will certainly run it again.

1 Like

I’d like to run my goals for this year by you guys if you don’t care to take a look.

Press 300
Dead 400
Squat 400
Be at or below 12% body fat

Does this seem reasonable based on my current numbers?

Just read the 5/3/1 BBB plan and dang, that looks stout and awesome. I believe i need to read the original 5/3/1 plan to fully understand everything talked about better.

1 Like

To be honest it’s impossible to say where one will be in a years time. It’s good that you have a long term goal . Just don’t loose sight of the present and not focus on the small gains. Those are the ones in time will add up. The realty is this activity is a marathon and not a sprint.

1 Like

Highly recommend reading the first book.

Yes. If you end the year stronger and leaner you’ve made progress. Focus on that at this point.

Too many young lifters try to make a baby in one month by getting 9 girls pregnant. Doesn’t work that way. Focus on building a foundation for a lifetime.

It’s been said many times before but most people over estimate what they can achieve in one year and underestimate what they can achieve in 5 years. This goes for many things in life.

1 Like

I appreciate all the solid advice. This should maybe be in a separate thread, but several of you have been helpful, so I will just ask here.

I use protein and creatine everyday. I also use a LIT preworkout from GNC (please don’t laugh lol). I’ve read in many different articles here on T-Nation about how important periworkout nutrition is. So I order some Plazma. It was only after I had received it that I realized if I followed the dosing recommendations, then I’d finish a bag in like two and a half weeks. Which would equate to like $140 a month that I don’t have. So I stretched my one bag out and made it last about a month. One downside to that, that I didn’t realize till too late, was that using such a small amount may have kept me from being able to figure out if it was a product I really liked. I did notice that I hardly ever got sore while taking it, and I recovered great. I don’t want to attribute all that strictly to Plazma, but I can’t say with certainty that it didn’t play a part. With all that being said, do you all think that it is a worthwhile product for me? I cannot find a cheaper replacement anywhere, and by most accounts, even ones on other forums, it’s the premier periworkout product, even though it’s overpriced. What about Surge Workout Fuel?

Damn, I think I’ve been using the barbell in the wrong way all this time.

2 Likes

I personally order hydrolized caesine and HCBD in bulk separate. Mix it together 2/1 carb to protein with powdered pedialyte and flavor stuff. Do I think it’s mandatory? No. Does it make a difference? Couldn’t tell you. Works for me though. Always done something peri workout though. 10+ years ago it was chocolate whey and grape juice(tastes like it sounds).

Now a days I am not a broke college kid and technology made things I can drink without puking it up on occasion. In the grand scheme of things it won’t make a huge difference. You also need way less than you think. 10-15 grams of HC and 25-30 grams of HCBD is more than enough if your diet is on point.

Also keep in mind this is Biotest’s forum, a company that I have given PLENTY of money to over the past decade plus. I think they are top notch with quality and still use them for creatine etc, that being said, when it comes to serving sizes and extra stuff, well, Warren Buffet said it best, “Never ask your barber if you need a haircut”.

Focus on your lifting and your diet, supplements are like assistence work.

I think this is the crux of it. If you can’t afford to use it, don’t worry about it until you can.