Which Physique Would You Rather Have?

Something like this, actually. John Farbotnik. Mr. America 1950.

Or, very similar. Melvin Wells. (Who was #2 in the 1950 Mr. America)

Never heard of Melvin Wells before nowā€“wow! If he could achieve that level of development in 1949, can you imagine what he would look like if he came of age today (especially if he decided to go the ā€˜assistedā€™ route)?

I donā€™t really like the ultra ripped physiques, even on the ā€˜physique sizeā€™ class of today. Not really sure where my dislikes are, when looking at them though. If I was to guess, I think it is how thin the skin is. Serge has probably the best build in history, IMO. He was extremely ripped, but had a different look compared to todays ā€˜bodybuildersā€™. I think it is in the skin?
But, to answer OPā€™s question, the most admirable physique or build I would want, would be Sergeā€™s prime. Arnoldā€™s is a very close second. I just feel Sergeā€™s had a mix of Zane and Arnold. Picture to follow.

@pushharder Yup. Sheā€™s even hotter and faster now.

@mogreene979 My response for your survey is larger muscular proportions, like this bodybuilder named Eddie Hall.

Eddie Hall is such a beastā€¦

Personally, Iā€™d have to go with the lean muscular athlete, like a sprinter, gymnast, wide receiver, or like @Chris_Colucci posted a physique competitor. Iā€™ve never had a desire to look like the Mass monsters.

Someone like Lazar Angelov is the upper end of what I think is ideal.

Obligatory picture of a smokin hottie:

1 Like

I have always wanted to have a larger, but not ripped build. Hafthor Bjornsson (the Mountain on Game of Thrones) is probably the best example. Heā€™s doesnā€™t have single digit body fat like pro bodybuilder, but heā€™s definitely a beast. Iā€™m only an inch shorter than him, but Iā€™ve got a long ways to go on the muscle.

This is the best physique. Physique from beach body competition or whatever is cheese. I woudnā€™t want to look like that, These old time strength guys, powerlifter, and the moutain guy all have awful physiques. Nubret is good. I think some of you guys just want your post to stand out.

Pretty sure thatā€™s the dream of an out of shape fat neckbeard.

Man his traps are underrated (on another note, makes us calves-challenged folk feel a bit better)

This has been my goal since 2008.

Still a long ways off.

mustā€¦ resistā€¦ sex change jokeā€¦

people always do that. Ectomorphs like me idolise guys like Lazar Angelov; the huskier gentlemen like the look of strongmen. Weā€™re all - either consciously or unconsciously - drawn to physiques that have similarities to our own.

Crazy things happen in these sports. Ronnie Coleman just had 11 hours of back surgery and canā€™t walk now. Guys die young, get messed up, lose all their progress, etc etc. Iā€™ve just learned to admire the moment when things were gold.

Yeah, it wouldnā€™t do much good for me to say my ideal physique is Kerri Walsh Jennings, or Sophia Vergara. No amount of exercise or dietary manipulation would make it so, and Misty Copeland up there (the ballet pic) could never look like Beyonce.

I see no problem with guys who have larger bone structures or who are naturally pretty big thinking theyā€™d aspire to the ā€œfull houseā€ looking men like the beasts twojarslave or fishdog put up. That can look awesome.

Agree, Itā€™s kind of silly to aspire to something thatā€™s completely outside of your genetics. Not sure if this thread was intended to be ā€œwhatā€™s the ideal for youā€™re body type,ā€ or ā€œwhat would you do if you had a magic wand.ā€

1 Like

Speaking of beautiful physiques. The human body is gorgeous.
Classic TN question. Do you guys think he lifts?

Natureā€™s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafā€™s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost

1 Like

Incredibly apt, and absolutely not something I expected to read on t-nation, haha. Good show.