Which Pharmacy Drugs Increase Strength Pound for Pound?

which drugs increase strength for powerlifting pound for pound that avialable on pharmacy store ?

Are you asking which anabolic steroids are still available via prescription?

If in the USA there’s

• testosterone
  • nandrolone
  • stanozolol (would need this to be compounded)
  • oxandrolone
  • oxymetholone (generic I’d assume)
  • Fluoxymesterone (halotestin)

Good luck getting a script though (certain clinics will give deca/var/winny, but getting a script for anadrol or halo would be a massive chore)

Otherwise there’s amphetamines/methamphetamine (both are prescription meds in the US), cocaine can be used by medical professionals as a topical anaesthetic, however you’d never get a prescription for that (and using amphetamines/stimulants to increase strength is a seriously bad idea with regard to acute and long term effects), but theoretically they’d increase pound for pound strength.

1 Like

Caffeine. It is a diuretic, so you will likely loose weight in the short term. It is also pretty good for strength. It is a top ingredient in almost all preworkouts.

You can just get it over the counter too.

1 Like

You sound a lot like you study pharmacy. Any chance? I read you are pretty young. Your knowledge is impressive for your age.

This dude knows his shit. Knows more than my pharmacology professors

Probably 70% of the guys here know more about steroids than my pharmacology profs. But I agree

1 Like

how amphetamines work and what doses powerlifter take ?

noooooooo, don’t take amphetamines

They’re CNS stimulants, induce the release of epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonin etc. CNS stimulation makes the body more efficient when it comes to aerobic or anaerobic performance, there’s far more to it, however I don’t feel like writing it all down as it’d be a VERY long reply. Amphetamines however are NOT a good idea to use for performance enhancement.

Still in school sir (graduate in less than two months though)

1 Like

how much mg caffiene should powerlifter take 1week before meet ?

There’s actual clinics that give scrips for VAR in the U.S??? =O

@thorstrenth827 As much as Unreal doesn’t seem to like stims, they are the most used substances for both strength and endurance in any sport, hands down. So, clearly there is a reason or it.

Nothing is a good idea to use for performance enhancement, so I’m not sure why that argument is even being brought up. It’s all a trade off with your health, so whatever you deem worth the risk. Ultimately, it’s up to you

stimulants do not build strength, they are a crutch used to “get up” for a workout. They will provide you with more energy and better lifts while under their influence, but they are a crutch that will trigger a drug fail in any tested meet, so best to avoid them.

Not sure if its just me but on any stimulant I get a real good initial energy burst but I tire much faster than if I hadn’t taken them. In other words, my endurance is affected.

SB

1 Like

Same here. For me caffeine is counterproductive to my workout unless I’m just doing cardio for 40+ minutes. Otherwise I feel burned out after I lift and then try to do something as simple as jog.

Im the exact same @iron_yuppie

Any idea why caffeine has this effect? Seems as though either it affects lactic acid clearance or somehow causes the muscles to reach fatigue much faster.

SB

Nothing beats good a ol small simple carb meal an hour or so before a workout for me. I ditched pre-workout supps a while ago and haven’t looked back.

1 Like

I think it could be noradrenalin depletion. Caffeine increases cortisol this increases noradrenaline to adrenaline conversion. Which means noradrenaline gets depleted which is responsible for concentration, focus and force production. CT talks about this, I could be wrong.