Which Nutrition Plan??

Summer is here, and I recently just took a week or two for recovery, and am now building back into training. Ive got a good program going now, and think i’ll be able to build some muscle, but at the same time i want to shed a little bit of fat.

Im currently 5’11" about 175lbs @ about 12% bf.

I would like to be around 175-180 @ 8-10% BF.

This wont require huge changes, and I usually already eat healthy, but was searching through the T-Nation diet articles, and found there are too many to choos from.

I dont want a diet that requires counting calories or antytthing like that. I prefer to modify intake by portion control. I am interested in the warrior diet, and the ABCDE diet. What diets on the site do you guys recomend?

I felt inclined to reply because of how similar our stats are lol (I’m 5’10" about 174 lbs @ 7% bf).

I will be getting off my cutting diet real soon and have been recommended the Anabolic Diet by a few people. It’s a diet heralded by many to allow you to put on lean muscle with minimal fat gains.

It’s not even really much of a “diet” as much as it is a lifestyle that you can carry on indefinitely. You mentioned how you didn’t really want to count calories, if so, then this diet might intrigue you.

cool i’ll look into that one, thank you. Will the “diet” work well if modified for fat loss

Ill give a shout out to old reliable and effective T-Dawg 2.0

Phill

Thanks phill, i’ll read up on t-dawg and t-dawg 2.0

I read the “heirarchy of fat loss” earlier, and although its similar to what im doing, have got a great exercise program to go along with whatever I come up with.

So i read the t-dawg diet and its pretty interesting.

What ive come up with so far, is a mixture of the ABCDE diet and the warrior diet.

Im thinking of doing 3 days of eating a lot of calories, by eating meals every 3 hours or so, followed by 4 days on a modified version of the warrior diet, where i only have small healthy snacks throughout the day. Also, i think on these “fasting” days, i’ll limit carbs to small amounts of juice, and vegetables, but i wont be counting.

Im estimating there will be about 1000 calorie difference between the high days and the low days, but im not sure.

So thats what im thinking of now, but im not sure if three days of overeating is enough to get my metabolism going and trick my body, or if i should change it to 1-week overeating, followed by 1-week undereating. I still gotta do some more research.

Lastly, im thinking of following this only short term for about 1 month of a little longer, to loos a little bit of fat, and then i’ll go back to my normal healthy eating, which im able to maintain weight at.

Any suggestions?

lots of good diets out there and they ALL work same with training programs Its when ppl start mixing and matching them and not following them that stuff gets mucked up

phill

[quote]dankid wrote:
Im currently 5’11" about 175lbs @ about 12% bf. I would like to be around 175-180 @ 8-10% BF.[/quote]

Assuming you are really at 21%, you have 21 lbs. of fat mass and 154 lbs. of lean body mass. Assuming 180 @ 10%, you’d lose 3 lbs. of fat while gaining 8 lbs. of muscle? Even if you wanted to be 175 lbs. at 10% bodyfat, you’d have to lose 3.5 lbs. of fat while gaining 3.5 lbs. of muscle.

Where are all of these people who are gaining large amounts of muscle mass while simultaneously losing fat mass? Even simultaneously gaining and losing 3.5 pounds of respective muscle and fat would be quite the rabbit to pull from one’s hat.

Are the people who answered your post math-challenged? Or did they not even think through what you were asking before they responded?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
dankid wrote:
Im currently 5’11" about 175lbs @ about 12% bf. I would like to be around 175-180 @ 8-10% BF.

Assuming you are really at 21%, you have 21 lbs. of fat mass and 154 lbs. of lean body mass. Assuming 180 @ 10%, you’d lose 3 lbs. of fat while gaining 8 lbs. of muscle? Even if you wanted to be 175 lbs. at 10% bodyfat, you’d have to lose 3.5 lbs. of fat while gaining 3.5 lbs. of muscle.

Where are all of these people who are gaining large amounts of muscle mass while simultaneously losing fat mass? Even simultaneously gaining and losing 3.5 pounds of respective muscle and fat would be quite the rabbit to pull from one’s hat.

Are the people who answered your post math-challenged? Or did they not even think through what you were asking before they responded?[/quote]

Have to say you lost ,e Cali Law he says hes at 12% not 21# so not thats huge a difference to drop 2-4% and be same weight just some hard work

Phill

Im closer to 12%.

Im not sure my exact stats, and will probably never know.

Im about 170-175 at about 10-15% BF. Closer to 170, and closer to 10%. Exact numbers do not matter to me, cause im not basing my goals on numbers, but instead on results.

If i were 170 at 15%, then i would have about 25lbs of fat. If that were the case, then I would probably want to lose about 8lbs of fat, and gain a couple pounds of muscle.

If im 170 at 12% which i think i am, then I only have about 20lbs of fat, and will probably want to lose 3-4 pounds of fat and gain some muscle.

So… Im probably aiming to lose 3-8 lbs of fat, and in the process keep my overall weight between 170-180.

I wont be weighing myself, and i wont be counting calories. I will be working hard, and eating to achieve my goals. Im only gonna try it for about a month, but will keep you guys informed, and let you know what changes i make during it. Thanks everyone, any more advice is appreciated.