Which Nike Free for Lifting?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

They are quite minamilist and feel to me like barefoot. I do have the trail version though so I can’t speak for the road version.
They are good and wide and have plenty of room in the toe box.
The soles are quite thick (for trails)
Some people have issues with the front band being uncomfortable on the front top of their foot----I experienced no such problems.

The other ones I would recommend are the Merrell trail gloves.
These are quite simply the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.

I run trails in them sometimes, light hiking, I have worn them out socially, I deadlift in them, even hill sprints sometimes (though they really weren’t made for this). [/quote]

I don’t follow. So you have BOTH the Minimalist and the Merrell Trail Gloves?[/quote]

Yes.
Got lucky on the trail gloves as a friend of mine brought them back as a gift from abroad not knowing I already had the NBs.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

[quote]joeab wrote:
Check out New Balance Minimus, zero lift at the heel with a Vibram sole and not as odd looking as the Five Finger[/quote]

x2

These puppies rock.
[/quote]

I am fucking tempted to buy them today:

Love the orange, too, was hoping for 2E size cuz my feet are wide and another Asics I have in 2E fit perfectly…

Why does the NB Minimus say Vibrams on the sides and soles?

So these feel like being barefoot? FLAT soles? Fuck…[/quote]

They are quite minamilist and feel to me like barefoot. I do have the trail version though so I can’t speak for the road version.
They are good and wide and have plenty of room in the toe box.
The soles are quite thick (for trails)
Some people have issues with the front band being uncomfortable on the front top of their foot----I experienced no such problems.

The other ones I would recommend are the Merrell trail gloves.
These are quite simply the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.

I run trails in them sometimes, light hiking, I have worn them out socially, I deadlift in them, even hill sprints sometimes (though they really weren’t made for this). [/quote]

Talk about sizing. Compared to nike running or basketball shoes. Not nike casual “running”, actual running. If you can. [/quote]

I cannot compare to nike running shoes as I have never owned a pair.

The feel is quite different from regular runners however (I have previously owned NB road shoes).

The Minimus have about a 4mm or so drop whereas the merrells have zero drop and I feel like my feet are flat on the floor.

As for sizing, I’m not too sure what you are specifically getting at.

Personally I take a 10.5 or an 11 depending on what the shoe is (different makers) and these are a bit roomier than road running shoes which is par for the course given that they are trail shoes. In my merrells my toes hardly ever touch the front of the shoe (toe box)

The minimus have a thick sole so you don’t actually get much ground feel and they are not very flexible (which again is great for trails – 'specially where I live).

I like lifting in both of them because I feel connected to the floor, if that makes sense. (I am a big fan of visualising pushing my legs through the floor rather than pulling with my arms when I deadlift).

Then again, I lift at home and will quite often train in socks or barefoot.

Not sure if any of this is helping. :slight_smile:

I have a pair of the Free TRs and they are great after you break them in.

Just buy some chucks or Wrestling shoes. No reason to spend a bunch of money on gym shoes. Unless you compete, then you could benefit from some olympic/powerlifting shoes.