Which Movies Help You Stick to Your Diet?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Reviewing your post, I find it funny that you list Fight Club seeing as the message of the novel was essentially a refusal of the trappings of modern life and a move towards total anarchy and freedom from what we’re “supposed” to be. [/quote]

Yeah, but if Tyler was supposed to be Jack’s anarchist alter-ego, why was he well built, good in bed, and handsome? Durden may have represented ACTIVE anarchy to Jack, but he LOOKED like what damn near every young male wanted to look like.

Even if the message of the novel was as you say, I don’t think that’s the point of the thread topic. [/quote]

I never read the book, but I always assumed most people noticed the (intentional?) irony of Brad Pitt pointing towards the model in a Calvin Klein ad and sarcastically asking if that’s what a real man looks like.

But then, I never really thought any of it was worth the amount of thought many people put into it.

On Topic:
The Raising the Bar trilogy always kick my ass into gear.

Also, Backdoor Sluts 9. That shit makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Reviewing your post, I find it funny that you list Fight Club seeing as the message of the novel was essentially a refusal of the trappings of modern life and a move towards total anarchy and freedom from what we’re “supposed” to be. [/quote]

Yeah, but if Tyler was supposed to be Jack’s anarchist alter-ego, why was he well built, good in bed, and handsome? Durden may have represented ACTIVE anarchy to Jack, but he LOOKED like what damn near every young male wanted to look like.

Even if the message of the novel was as you say, I don’t think that’s the point of the thread topic. [/quote]

… I always assumed most people noticed the (intentional?) irony of Brad Pitt pointing towards the model in a Calvin Klein ad and sarcastically asking if that’s what a real man looks like.
[/quote]

Exactly. Intentional.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

He flipped out and swallowed a bottle of pills or some shit right? Because that’s how people do cycles right? A megadose of dbol?

[/quote]

Winstrol and Testosterone, according to his nosy sister who completely deserves the subsequent beating she receives

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

I never read the book, but I always assumed most people noticed the (intentional?) irony of Brad Pitt pointing towards the model in a Calvin Klein ad and sarcastically asking if that’s what a real man looks like.

But then, I never really thought any of it was worth the amount of thought many people put into it.

On Topic:
The Raising the Bar trilogy always kick my ass into gear.

Also, Backdoor Sluts 9. That shit makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2.[/quote]

I do believe that’s what happens when Hollywood gets involved with literature that has a pro counter culture narrative.