T Nation

Which is Heavier

I am curious to see what everyone’s snatch grip deadlift’s weight vs their paused squats. You can post it with specifics as far as form goes for example: Mine is slightly higher. 230 for five reps with it being deep olympic squats paused for three seconds as the squats, and the snatch grip deadlift was 255 for 5 reps.

230 kg is mammoth, i was doing a few reps with 150kg and it was tough as nails if I can get a 200kg lift i’ll be happy.

I wonder how many people here do both snatch grip deadlifts and paused squats . . .

Those are some solid numbers to be claiming too.

are you using Lbs or KGs?

Lbs, Sorry I forgot KGs are probably used more often here. Also my numbers are kinda crappy in my opinion compared to most people on this site. (I am 132 Lbs so it is to be expected)

[quote]tork94 wrote:
are you using Lbs or KGs?[/quote]

I would say pounds. Its a shame america wouldnt catch up with the rest of the world and use metric.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

I would say pounds. Its a shame america wouldnt catch up with the rest of the world and use metric.[/quote]

Lol it’s America, bro. It thinks it is the world.

Well, it is a very very large country. I knew the united states was around the size of Europe so I decided to do some searches and found this, http://goeurope.about.com/od/europeanmaps/l/bl-country-size-comparison-map.htm and “3,794,100 sq miles (9,826,675 km²) United States of America” "3,930,520 sq miles (10,180,000 km²)
Europe " from the messages here it seems like it is either common practice to insult america, or use it as a joke.

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

I would say pounds. Its a shame america wouldnt catch up with the rest of the world and use metric.[/quote]

Lol it’s America, bro. It thinks it is the world.[/quote]

Hahaha actual lol

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Well, it is a very very large country. I knew the united states was around the size of Europe so I decided to do some searches and found this, http://goeurope.about.com/od/europeanmaps/l/bl-country-size-comparison-map.htm and “3,794,100 sq miles (9,826,675 km²) United States of America” "3,930,520 sq miles (10,180,000 km²)
Europe " from the messages here it seems like it is either common practice to insult america, or use it as a joke.[/quote]

According to the CIA handbook 95% of the world uses the metric system. According to wikipedia all but 3 countries have it as their official system USA included. Your scientists use it because the scientific community uses it. It wasnt a joke about america its just something that would make alot of sense to do.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Europe " from the messages here it seems like it is either common practice to insult america, or use it as a joke.[/quote]

Just as an fyi, I live in Maryland and have for my entire life. I just dislike the air of superiority that exists here. However, what I said earlier was meant as a lighthearted joke.

Like Swole mentioned though, it would only make sense for us to use the metric system, which is after all the standard for the entire world. But that’s another topic entirely.

Isn’t it a requirement here to know both the english system and metric, and we just only use the english system? (or atleast I had to learn the metric system) Also I didn’t know if everyone was serious, or joking.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Haha dude, I did my first oly session last week after years on the uni or la fitness track. After spasming around wiht the bar and pvc for 30 mins, I tried to follow the front squats as prescribed to me by a guy who speaks cuban spanish over the sound of a crazy crossfit class in the other half of the space. So I am delerious from skill work in the miami sun, being dictated instructions in an unfamiliar form of spanish over rowdy music, tryinn to take my max and convert to 70% then divide by 2.2 to get kilos and trying to put together a mix of bumpers in kilos and change plates in lbs. Getting under the bar was interestinng to see what my supertired math decided was an appropriate weight.

My front squatting was so much easier at global gym. haha

Very excited to be doing oly. the guy is a legit cuban coach and then a guy from coffees gym who I havent met yet.

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Isn’t it a requirement here to know both the english system and metric, and we just only use the english system? (or atleast I had to learn the metric system) Also I didn’t know if everyone was serious, or joking. [/quote]

The only time I ever needed to know the metric system was for chemistry classes in school. To my knowledge, they don’t teach it to every elementary schooler here, just the standard system. And beyond high school chemistry, it’s not emphasized again unless you major in some sort of science in college.

I think they made a half-assed effort not too long ago to get people to learn metric (e.g. they put kilometers per hr next to mph at like 2/3 the size on car speedometers) so they could switch, but the effort was “rebelled” against and quashed lol.

[quote]milktruck wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Haha dude, I did my first oly session last week after years on the uni or la fitness track. After spasming around wiht the bar and pvc for 30 mins, I tried to follow the front squats as prescribed to me by a guy who speaks cuban spanish over the sound of a crazy crossfit class in the other half of the space. So I am delerious from skill work in the miami sun, being dictated garbled instructions in spanish over rowdy music, tryinn to take my max and convert to 70% then divide by 2.2 to get kilos and trying to put together a mix of bumpers in kilos and change plates in lbs. Getting under the bar was interestinng to see what my supertired math decided was an appropriate weight.

My front squatting was so much easier at global gym. haha

Very excited to be doing oly. the guy is a legit cuban coach and then a guy from coffees gym who I havent met yet.[/quote]

I still “think” in pounds for the most part, but I can convert back and forth automatically at this point =)

Sn DL 165kg I’ve done this exercise about 3x this year
FS 191x1; 181x3

Koing

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

Its a shame america wouldnt catch up with the rest of the world and use metric.[/quote]
Slightly off topic
I work in plant maintenance and deal with metric vs. standard parts all the time.

10x10x10 metric measurement is waaaay more clear cut and simple than standard.

Anyone who says metric is confusing is definitely retarded.

The English still use stone and pounds (14 pounds to a stone). Just saying.