Which Handgun to Buy

Have to pick between Glock, Smith & Wesson, or Springfield.

Glock: G17 (Gen 3 or 4), G19 (Gen 3 or 4)

Smith & Wesson: M&P 9, M&P 9L, M&P 9C

Springfield: XD 9 Service, XD9 Tactical, XDm 9 Standard

I only got to hold the G17, G19, and XDm 9. I liked the feel of the XDm 9 and G17 the most, didn’t like the weight of the G19 so much. I’m a big guy with big hands so there’s that. The problem is the gun store I’m looking at right now is out of G17’s and I’m gonna need them soon.

The trigger on the XD9 Tac is really good for a factory gun. The trigger on the M&P 9 sucks with the Glocks being somewhere in the middle.

The in hand feel of the M&P (whatever the full size is) is amazing, the XD9 Tac comes in a close 2nd. The Glock 17 is the easiest to disassemble but only nominally. I actually chose the Glock but kick myself for not going with the XD Tac. I just prefer the feel of the gun.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I only got to hold the G17, G19, and XDm 9. I liked the feel of the XDm 9 and G17 the most, didn’t like the weight of the G19 so much. I’m a big guy with big hands so there’s that. The problem is the gun store I’m looking at right now is out of G17’s and I’m gonna need them soon. [/quote]

Springfield XD9 tac if this is what you’re limited to. I really love my Kimber 1911 TLE .45 ACP with night sights. It would fill your big meaty hands nicely too.

Oh, cool thread! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ll be in Miami next week, so I need a gun to protect myself from crazy motherfuckers.

So far I’ve been using my sword, my hands, elbows and knees to defend myself.

I want something that’ll end my attacker’s life quick. I’m getting too old to fight. Not enough fish oil and all, the joints are starting to creak and the metabolism is slowing down, even though I’m still in my mid twenties.

I quite like the look and feel of a Desert Eagle, you know, that gun Lara Croft uses in TR.

Please advise. What kind of gun will fit a crazy bitch like DarkNinjaa?

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I only got to hold the G17, G19, and XDm 9. I liked the feel of the XDm 9 and G17 the most, didn’t like the weight of the G19 so much. I’m a big guy with big hands so there’s that. The problem is the gun store I’m looking at right now is out of G17’s and I’m gonna need them soon. [/quote]

Springfield XD9 tac if this is what you’re limited to. I really love my Kimber 1911 TLE .45 ACP with night sights. It would fill your big meaty hands nicely too.

[/quote]

Good God Beth. Everytime you right something you intrigue me a little more. You bake, workout, and like guns. If it wasn’t for the Misses I would seriously consider trying to talk you into a meet and greet.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

I’ll be in Miami next week, so I need a gun to protect myself from crazy motherfuckers.

I want something that’ll end my attacker’s life quick. I’m getting too old to fight. Not enough fish oil and all, the joints are starting to creak and the metabolism is slowing down, even though I’m still in my mid twenties.

I quite like the look and feel of a Desert Eagle, you know, that gun Lara Croft uses in TR.

Please advise. What kind of gun will fit a crazy bitch like DarkNinjaa?[/quote]

H&K USP Match.

USP Tactical for backup.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

Good God Beth. Everytime you right something you intrigue me a little more. You bake, workout, and like guns. If it wasn’t for the Misses I would seriously consider trying to talk you into a meet and greet.[/quote]

Haha…well, invite her!

To be fair, i’m still a raging cunt for 4 days of the month like every other female not on test.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Please advise. What kind of gun will fit a crazy bitch like DarkNinjaa?[/quote]

Desert Eagle .357 Mag haha but honestly everyone’s pistol is by choice. My wife does not like the feel of the double stacked polymer pistols, the short gripped 380 styles, or revolvers but she loves the 1911 frame, which in my experience is not typical of a woman. She also like the fact that the 45 makes a big hole.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

H&K USP Match.

USP Tactical for backup.[/quote]

Cheers.

I like the look of the USP Tactical.

Now I’m off to do more research.

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

Good God Beth. Everytime you right something you intrigue me a little more. You bake, workout, and like guns. If it wasn’t for the Misses I would seriously consider trying to talk you into a meet and greet.[/quote]

Haha…well, invite her!

To be fair, i’m still a raging cunt for 4 days of the month like every other female not on test.[/quote]

Haha well if you add fertility drugs to the mix, that 4 days goes to a full 4 weeks. But hey, there just something about you women that keeps us coming back and makes us gluttons for punishment.

That zimmerman 38 is nice…

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

Desert Eagle .357 Mag haha but honestly everyone’s pistol is by choice. My wife does not like the feel of the double stacked polymer pistols, the short gripped 380 styles, or revolvers but she loves the 1911 frame, which in my experience is not typical of a woman. She also like the fact that the 45 makes a big hole.[/quote]

Thanks, Pick.

Shit, I guess I gotta get used to all that gun lingo.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

Desert Eagle .357 Mag haha but honestly everyone’s pistol is by choice. My wife does not like the feel of the double stacked polymer pistols, the short gripped 380 styles, or revolvers but she loves the 1911 frame, which in my experience is not typical of a woman. She also like the fact that the 45 makes a big hole.[/quote]

Thanks, Pick.

Shit, I guess I gotta get used to all that gun lingo.
[/quote]

Quick Term reference:

Double stacked- magazine holds bullets alternating sides so they have a higher capacity

Polymer- Glock, M&P, XD style “Police” pistols

1911- see pic

I think I covered all the terms

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]
I’ll try out the XD 9 tomorrow at the store. I’m actually not sure if I tried out the XDm or XD 9 Tac today. Also, the G17 are out of stock but I’m gonna need it in a couple weeks.

Are any of these particularly easier to shoot/qualify on? I’m a noob when it comes to handguns. I’ll have awesome people instructing me but still.

DE my ass. Darkninjaa THIS!!!

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

Quick Term reference:

Double stacked- magazine holds bullets alternating sides so they have a higher capacity

Polymer- Glock, M&P, XD style “Police” pistols

1911- see pic

I think I covered all the terms[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]four60 wrote:
DE my ass. Darkninjaa THIS!!![/quote]

Hahaha!!

You wrote my handle name on that post-it!! So fucking cool, brotha! So fucking cool!

Tell me more about that gun. I’m a bit concerned it doesn’t look badass enough to me (I love your knives!!!)

And even though I would always go with my G20 over anything else If my back was against the wall. I will say I do LOVE shooting my G17. Its just fun, easy and dependable. 3gen

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]
I’ll try out the XD 9 tomorrow at the store. I’m actually not sure if I tried out the XDm or XD 9 Tac today. Also, the G17 are out of stock but I’m gonna need it in a couple weeks.

Are any of these particularly easier to shoot/qualify on? I’m a noob when it comes to handguns. I’ll have awesome people instructing me but still.[/quote]

The best thing about the Glock is no bells or whistles to worry about going wrong. Pull and Point shoot. If its ease of use and something you can put 1000 rounds through and clean then keep going. Go Glock…yeah I’m a bit Bias.

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[/quote]

Are any of these particularly easier to shoot/qualify on? I’m a noob when it comes to handguns. I’ll have awesome people instructing me but still.[/quote]

The best thing about the Glock is no bells or whistles to worry about going wrong. Pull and Point shoot. If its ease of use and something you can put 1000 rounds through and clean then keep going. Go Glock…yeah I’m a bit Bias.[/quote]

I agree the glock is almost idiot proof. Great guns, ugly as hell though.