Which GOT Ending are You Rooting For?

It was a serious question since it just seems everyone and their mother seems to watch it.

I’ve never sat down to watch an episode of Seinfeld.

Different strokes.

1 Like

It was a half serious answer … I don’t think it’s odd you have never watched it … I can only imagine you’re doing something you’d rather be doing that watching GoT

2 Likes

Neither have I.

What to do when an HBO series full of gore, shock twists and scheming, larger-than-life characters is receiving rave reviews for historical accuracy yet is a commercial failure?

Well, you could double down on the concept and change the setting from Ancient Rome to Byzantium - internecine warfare for the Emperor’s throne (and coveted PURPLE tunic as a symbol of nobility) in Constantinople with a shitload of incest, eye-gougings, tongue mutilations, palace massacres set against the backdrop of the inexorable advance of the Ottomans from Asia.

Or - and hear me out on this - you could take all these gruesome yet fascinating events from Byzantine history that a talented writer has incorporated into a fantasy world with a vaguely medieval-ish comfortable strange-yet-familiar setting and run with that.

It’s bound to be a commercial success, right?

2 Likes

The Byzantine empire was just copying the Egyptians anyway.

1 Like

I just want the characters to lose their plot armour, how many times can Jon Snow almost die?

He DID die! He got better… He’s a wight, just like the white walkers, just one animated by fire magic instead of ice magic.

1 Like

Lol even death doesn’t stop him

1 Like

He’s almost as bad as that damn Deadpool who won’t stay dead.

For GRRM to finish the book series.

I have never watched it. My dad died not knowing how the shit ended! Probably his last thought… I’ll never know how GOT ended :smirk:

1 Like

I’m rooting for the ending where Tyrion stops being a dipshit. They’ve ridden his character into the goddamned ground for the past two seasons. What happened to “I drink and I know things?”

He used to be the best character on the show (or at least my favorite). Now he’s just a super serious dwarf that’s wrong all the time.

3 Likes

Nope. I didn’t watch any of the show until this season started. The wights and the whitewalkers were the only things I found interesting in the first two books, so I waited until they actually were part of the show’s plot to start.

1 Like

Was going for the one where it’s not a thing anymore, but I see I’ve been beat to that one. I’m now hopping on the one that pisses off the most fans. Whichever one that is, I’m down with that.

John Snow beats the walkers, Ramsay is resurrected by that fire witch. He takes revenge on John Snow, murders both him and the dragon lady mid boinking in the classic “looks like she’s about to orgasm but really she’s been impaled” horror trope.

He takes the iron throne and imprisons the Stark sisters in his dungeon before starting a tyrannical reign that lasts 50 years.

1 Like

I too am a fan of the Friday the 13th franchise … none of the silly ones though, just the ones that feature Camp Crystal Lake - it gets a tad silly when he goes to Manhattan and Space

2 Likes

I haven’t put much thought on how I would like it to end because I’m so pissed off the are practically rushing to end it.

6 episode season? 2 of which have been your typical tv reunion episodes? COME ON

1 Like

I have been a bit peeved at the start of this season. It’s been 2 hours of all the “good guys” fondling each other and not in the literal way it would have been done in the first 6 seasons (I wasn’t too happy with season 7 either)

On the other hand, I have enjoyed the rehashing of the old vegan crossfitter jokes into: What does a vegan, crossfitter who doesn’t watch Game of Thrones talk about first?

1 Like

These 1st two episodes they’ve been giving everyone warm member berries to make you love the characters more. So now when they rip away 80%+ of them in a single episode it will hurt people’s feels more. Thinking everyone that hides in the crypt dies minimum.

Maybe the night king raises the entire crypt and Sam has to fight a headless Ned Stark and Leanna.

1 Like

I understand that there seems to be something wrong with me but man those episodes made me want them all killed, even the dwarf and the hound are wearing thin on me lol

So what do we think? Are the night walkers killed in episodes 3 and 4 or do they take Winterfell and march towards King’s Landing with Jon Snow and a small group of others retreating and fleeing?

I kinda think Jamie has to live to get killed by Cersie (after choosing to spare her) before maybe Arya kills her. And the hound needs to kill the mountain. So they should survive.