T Nation

Which Gainer From These??

Hi guys,

Im 24, 5’8 and weigh about 55kg/122lbs - I’ve been training but not too much gain. I eat whatever I can but not having access to my own kitchen and being super busy doesnt help - so i rely mostly on what I can from outside.

Ive thought about taking a weight gainer to help me boost up the calories. Im not getting the surplus calories I need to put on the weight hence the reason why - these are what I found availble here, any advice?

• Weider mega mass 4000
  • SAN myodrive
  • EAS mass factor
  • Champion heavyweight gainer 900

Advice much appreciated!

Myodrive defiantly SAN is the best brand out of those!

ShadoW

[quote]shadowmoses wrote:
Myodrive defiantly SAN is the best brand out of those!

ShadoW[/quote]

You could also get Metabolic Drive or Grow! whey and add your own sugar (or any other calorie boosting additive).

This way you would be getting quality protein and save money from adding your own calories when basically all the weight gainers out there are just whey with sugar added.

D

Your weight says more about your general eating habits and lifestyle. You are going to have to change more than just some ‘weight gainer’ to gain any quality mass. I will take a guess and say you eat maybe 1-2 times a day, if that. Whatever the problem is, gaining weight at 122 pounds is a NOT a difficult task.

[quote]Make1tRa1n wrote:
Your weight says more about your general eating habits and lifestyle. You are going to have to change more than just some ‘weight gainer’ to gain any quality mass. I will take a guess and say you eat maybe 1-2 times a day, if that. Whatever the problem is, gaining weight at 122 pounds is a NOT a difficult task.[/quote]

I used to eat like that before but my habits have changed now since 4 or so months - ive put on 3kg in that time. Basically im eating whatever comes - i dont really put on weight easily (but can lose it quickly) and fat from fast foods etc dont really affect me too much in terms of extra weight etc. I try and get in good foods daily - eggs in the morning, rice/chicken late afternoon, pastas or lasagne evenings with snacks in between. Im eating about 4 times a day now but still the effects are minimal id say, hence the reason for looking at a weight gainer.

What do you recommend?

[quote]AC_uk wrote:I used to eat like that before but my habits have changed now since 4 or so months - ive put on 3kg in that time. Basically im eating whatever comes - i dont really put on weight easily (but can lose it quickly) and fat from fast foods etc dont really affect me too much in terms of extra weight etc. I try and get in good foods daily - eggs in the morning, rice/chicken late afternoon, pastas or lasagne evenings with snacks in between. Im eating about 4 times a day now but still the effects are minimal id say, hence the reason for looking at a weight gainer.

What do you recommend?[/quote]

Eat 6 times a day or more if required and focus on calorically dense foods.

[quote]AC_uk wrote:

Chocolate milk and natural peanut butter in your Grow! shakes!

Grilled-chicken pizza, home-made chili.

Tuna in oil, sweet potatoes, whole milk, pasta.

Eating to gain is super simple. Not easy perhaps but definately not complicated.

[quote]AC_uk wrote:
Make1tRa1n wrote:
Your weight says more about your general eating habits and lifestyle. You are going to have to change more than just some ‘weight gainer’ to gain any quality mass. I will take a guess and say you eat maybe 1-2 times a day, if that. Whatever the problem is, gaining weight at 122 pounds is a NOT a difficult task.

I used to eat like that before but my habits have changed now since 4 or so months - ive put on 3kg in that time. Basically im eating whatever comes - i dont really put on weight easily (but can lose it quickly) and fat from fast foods etc dont really affect me too much in terms of extra weight etc. I try and get in good foods daily - eggs in the morning, rice/chicken late afternoon, pastas or lasagne evenings with snacks in between. Im eating about 4 times a day now but still the effects are minimal id say, hence the reason for looking at a weight gainer.

I recommend you eat more on a consistent basis. Forget the feeling of ‘hunger’. You should strive to never be hungry. Eat every 2-3 hours.

It would help if you would post a look at your average daily meals.

EDIT; Sorry, I posted to the wrong thread.

by your own quality long acting protein and just add peanut butter or flax oil for fats, and use a coffee grinder to poweder some oatmeal and use that for carbs for your own healthy weight gainer shake

[quote]AC_uk wrote:
Hi guys,

Im 24, 5’8 and weigh about 55kg/122lbs - I’ve been training but not too much gain. I eat whatever I can but not having access to my own kitchen and being super busy doesnt help - so i rely mostly on what I can from outside.

Ive thought about taking a weight gainer to help me boost up the calories. Im not getting the surplus calories I need to put on the weight hence the reason why - these are what I found availble here, any advice?

• Weider mega mass 4000
  • SAN myodrive
  • EAS mass factor
  • Champion heavyweight gainer 900

Advice much appreciated![/quote]

At age 14, i weight 50kg, 5’7". and i’ve try so many weight gainer, all 4 you listed i’ve tried already.

i’m lactose sensitive, so Mega Mass 4000 make me go to toilet a lot.
(which means most of the nutrients goes into the toilet)

SAN’s myodrive contains Guanidinopropionic Acid (GPA), which is one of the dangerous compound they put into most of their product, so don’t use SAN’s products.

EAS mass factor is ok, but the price is a little bit high.

Champion’s heavyweight gainer 900 is also ok.

so if you want me suggest you buy one out of 4, then i’ll say try EAS or Champion’s weight gainer.

One more thing, if you think you can rely on weight gainer to gain weight, yes, you can, but most of them will be bodyfat.

only eating enough right food can help you gain “muscle mass” rather than fat.