Which Diet Worked the BEST for You?

I plan on going on some type of fasting diet soon. I have been doing research and there are many different kinds. I am just wondering if anyone has tried multiple diets and which worked best. Mention any tweaks you made, results, ease of dieting, eating schedule, advice/tips, etc.

Some of the diets i’ve stumbled across are leangains (16/8), warrior diet, eat stop eat, fasting 24 hrs weekly, IF (20/4), pulse/feast.

PS i know what worked best for you won’t necessarily work best for me, but im not going to try each of these to find out

boy- IF sure is catching on huh… Berardi e-book google welcome

Prob your best bet is to simply ease into things.

After few weeks of 16-hr fasts, you’ll have little/no issues adjusting upwards to 20-hr fasts and even longer, if u so choose.

In other words, it’s VERY EASY to end up trying out each of the popular protocols and it prob ends up happening without even trying, for many.

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:

PS i know what worked best for you won’t necessarily work best for me, but im not going to try each of these to find out[/quote]

Why not? Afraid of finding out what works best for you?

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:

PS i know what worked best for you won’t necessarily work best for me, but im not going to try each of these to find out[/quote]

Why not? Afraid of finding out what works best for you?
[/quote]

I don’t want to spend 36 wks trying each of these out for ~6wks. I just kinda want a starting point. Plus if a diet works for many people it is more likely to work for me statistically speaking.

It’s really unlikely that you will receive more help or advice than you’ve already gotten when you refuse to put in the required time and effort to see what works for you. Different things work for different people at different times in their lives. Guess how I came to that conclusion?

I’ll likely try the top schedule. Has anyone tried a 16/8 20/4 hybrid or 16/8 24hr fast hybrid? My schedule only allows me to have a shake tues/thurs to break my fast at 1pm. Im just thinking I could change those to 20/4 days if that would be beneficial. I have my doubts b/c diets should be consistent. Fasting for 16 hrs and then 20 hrs the next day may cause extreme hunger lol

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:
I’ll likely try the top schedule. [/quote]

I sure hope so, otherwise that’ll have been a total waste of your time.

I have, which is why I posted earlier. But even if you get feedback from hundreds, so what? Everything is based upon YOUR OWN feedback.

If you mean consistent re: training, kcals, macros, then you’re spot-on.

But if you mean consistent & regular with meal-times, then I definitely disagree.

Again there’s very little to be gained from such speculation. Start finding out for yourself already…

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:
It’s really unlikely that you will receive more help or advice than you’ve already gotten when you refuse to put in the required time and effort to see what works for you. Different things work for different people at different times in their lives. Guess how I came to that conclusion? [/quote]

Exactly, no substitute for personal experience. (though I think we can safely blame the internet for our analysis-paralysis)

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:
I don’t want to spend 36 wks trying each of these out for ~6wks. I just kinda want a starting point.[/quote]
A starting would be to not eat food for about 16-ish hours, and then eat some food. The next day, try to squeak by little longer in the fasting period, or keep it the same, either way.

Unless I’m mistaken, there’s no huge difference between the few name-brand diets you mentioned in your first post. Strategic fasting isn’t anything new, it’s been around bodybuilding for decades and it can work if you’re smart about it. The plans you mentioned do lay things out in more detail, but make sure you find the common thread between them.

As far as what diet “worked best” for me, I’ve tried a kind of pulse feasting (having 2 scoops of MAG-10 once in the morning, my workout nutrition in the afternoon, and a big solid dinner). I felt good, performed well, and “accidentally” dropped some fat without changing my training. But I was at my all-time leanest years ago when I ate four meals a day (plus my workout shake) and was training specifically for fat loss. So, not sure how you want to interpret my results.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:
I sure hope so, otherwise that’ll have been a total waste of your time.[/quote]
I LOLed. Nice.

what is working best for me is also currently the most convenient - IF’ing / carb back loading

Warrior Diet style for me, i.e. circa 20 hour fasting periods. For body comp purposes, keeping carbs in the 100-150g per day range (or less). Peri-workout: avoid carbs and stick with whey/aminos 60 mins and 120 mins after training. I picked the latter modification up from Ori Hofmekler on Chad Waterbury’s site and noticed a major impact on body comp without any negative impact on strength. A pulse or 2 of whey throughout the day is also very beneficial.

The Zone.

Adjusting Sears’ recommendations for muscle building (adding food blocks above my requirements).

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:
I don’t want to spend 36 wks trying each of these out for ~6wks. I just kinda want a starting point.[/quote]
A starting would be to not eat food for about 16-ish hours, and then eat some food. The next day, try to squeak by little longer in the fasting period, or keep it the same, either way.

Unless I’m mistaken, there’s no huge difference between the few name-brand diets you mentioned in your first post. Strategic fasting isn’t anything new, it’s been around bodybuilding for decades and it can work if you’re smart about it. The plans you mentioned do lay things out in more detail, but make sure you find the common thread between them.

As far as what diet “worked best” for me, I’ve tried a kind of pulse feasting (having 2 scoops of MAG-10 once in the morning, my workout nutrition in the afternoon, and a big solid dinner). I felt good, performed well, and “accidentally” dropped some fat without changing my training. But I was at my all-time leanest years ago when I ate four meals a day (plus my workout shake) and was training specifically for fat loss. So, not sure how you want to interpret my results.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]jriley2009 wrote:
I sure hope so, otherwise that’ll have been a total waste of your time.[/quote]
I LOLed. Nice.[/quote]

When you have a shitty internship that gives 2-3 hrs of work to complete in 8 hrs for 10 weeks you have quite a bit of time to waste :wink: Whats even sadder is most of my work is done using excel LOL

anyway thanks for the input guys. I’m going to try 16/8 when school starts and see how that goes and adjust accordingly

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Peri-workout: avoid carbs and stick with whey/aminos 60 mins and 120 mins after training.[/quote]

Avoid carbs peri-workout? is this a typo? I mean who would want to eat carbs and spike the most anabolic hormone (insulin) at a time when you are insulin sensitive and have an enhanced ability to restore glycogen stores to supramaximal amounts???

probably no one…