Which Diet Should I Use

Sorry for the long post but…

I live in NYC and I just got back from the Miami Music Festival and wow what a wake up call, everyone down there is skinny, jacked and pretty, and the ladies pretty much the same, but with nice ba-donks and big old fake tatas. Anyway I might be moving down there for work.

So I am a long time inconsistent lifter and I am really gonna get down to business, now no joke.

So I believe I am 20% Body Fat 5’10" and 188 lbs. My goals are to lose about 20lbs and then pack on lean mass. I believe I am just to fat to bulk up now and then lose weight.

I have combed this site and have read a lot of Berardi and Thib and have come accross the Velocity diet, the anabolic diet and the get shredded diet.

Right now I have decided to do atkins and exercise according to Chris Thib’s: Destroying Fat
War Room Strategies to Maximize Fat Loss
by Christian Thibaudeau. which happens to be his latest article.

So should I just do Atkins, or try the V diet or the AD or JB’s get shredded diet.

Also I like taking supplements, but when you are on atkins, how can you take supplements, when you cant drink sugary liquids to bring those supplements like especially creatine and BCAAs to the bloodstream?

All of the diets you mentioned are pretty extreme. You might wanna try the seven rules while you focus on discipline and consistency. After you get yourself in a habitual eating routine and progress comes to a halt, give one of these diets a try (not Atkins).

[quote]thrasher wrote:
All of the diets you mentioned are pretty extreme. You might wanna try the seven rules while you focus on discipline and consistency. After you get yourself in a habitual eating routine and progress comes to a halt, give one of these diets a try (not Atkins).[/quote]

This isn’t a bad idea at all. On the other hand, you could take the Dan John “fat loss is war” approach and do the V-Diet. If you think you can handle it, the latter might be the better choice.

If you really want to get lean, I recommend doing:

Either the T-dawg 2.0 diet or the Anabolic diet while cutting your calories buy 300-500 cal.

35-40 min low intensity morning cardio with BCAA’s/Amino acids and HOT-ROX extreme beforehand and whey drink after

A lot of fiber and greens

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:

Either the T-dawg 2.0 diet or the Anabolic diet while cutting your calories buy 300-500 cal.

35-40 min low intensity morning cardio with BCAA’s/Amino acids and HOT-ROX extreme beforehand and whey drink after

[/quote]

When should you take fiber like metamuscil right, because I have read that it blocks nutrient and supplement uptake, so i suppose at night?

what if I i did atkins hardcore for two weeks to get my body ketogenic and then just ate real healthy proteins and shakes while keeping my carbs below 100g and did the Thib’s lifting for weightloss thing?

Would I loose fat fast?

Squats and Milk!

Ha!

…that felt good

But in all seriousness…perhaps you could begin by cleaning up your diet -figuring out what you’re taking in now (cals/macros etc) and begin a good solid effort at getting active -going to the gym or whatever that means to you.

Take a look at Waterbury’s latest installment:
quoting Mr. Waterbury:

Nutrition

1. Simplify Your Diet For Fat Loss

The other day I was asked by a friend for nutritional advice to boost fat burning. Since I was exhausted from chasing around California babes on my unicycle, my benevolence was running at about 10% capacity. Nevertheless, I wanted to help him out. Here’s what I told him:

“Eat six meals per day that consist of 4-6 ounces of protein with one green vegetable. Consume one-half serving of Surge before and after your workouts. Take two tablespoons of Carlson’s liquid fish oil and four Flameout capsules, spread throughout the day.”

That’s it. No calories to count, no macronutrient ratios to fulfill, and no false promises. Does it work? He lost eight pounds of fat in four weeks!

end quote.

How’s that for a tip?

peace

I LIKE, hehe

[quote]YadgaJacK wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

When should you take fiber like metamuscil right, because I have read that it blocks nutrient and supplement uptake, so i suppose at night?[/quote]

No. Fiber doesn’t block protein absorbtion. It might block some absorbtion if you’re eating way too much, but 10-20 grams shouldn’t be anything to stress over. I’ve been eating that way for years.