T Nation

Which Diet Is Right for Me?

I am searching for a diet and workout routine, I am attending a course that involves alot of cardio such as distance running, crossfit type of excercises-such as circuit courses and obstacle courses,coditioning hikes. So basically i want to take advantage of this course cause they will push me…

I recently did a Physical Fitness Test with my class: i scored 20 dead hang pullups(all the up and all the way down) 100 crunches and ran 3 miles in 23 minutes and 20 seconds.I am looking to get lean because I know I am fat and need to drop some bodyfat. I am currently eating this type of food:

Meal 1: 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg with half of a green pepper or tomato, two pieces of whole wheat bread with one slice of fat free cheese and a slice of deli turkey and a small apple
Meal 2: 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal and scoop of protein powder
Meal 3:
Meal 4: 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal mixed in with scoop of protein.
Meal 5: 7-9 oz of chicken breast cooked with fat free PAM on a skillet with some seasoning with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice with corn in it about 2 table spoons and a small apple.
Meal 6: Two slices of whole wheat bread,1 slice of fat free cheese and a slice of turkey

I dont know how good of a diet it is and if i should be counting macros or not. I am not a person that needs to eat something different everyday but not sure if i need to or not.

I am: 5’8" 173 lbs

I wanted to know whether the Velocity Diet is for me or not, the reason i ask is because it says not to do so much cardio.

My goals are to try to get as lean as possible up until about Sept which i will then try to put on some serious lean muscle. I will be posting some pics and i will try to get my BF done soon. I will be posting all the workouts that i do.

Side shot

Back view

You’re not fat, 'migo.

I’d start eating and lifting big, but that’s me. Definitely no Velocity diet.

You are eating like a 12 year old girl… you’d be suprised what will happen to your body if you ate more of the good stuff. I’d just stick to the basics of carb cycling and hit maybe 2-3 high days a week and grow.

The best diet is the one your not on…

You look good dude but if your looking for that single digit body fat thing then you need to hit it hard with cardio, like weighted interval training…

And EAT MORE! Your all but starving yourself…

“Meal 6 Two slices of whole wheat bread,1 slice of fat free cheese and a slice of turkey”
:frowning:

Eat more protein
Eat more fat
Eat more veggies
Eat less carbs

[quote]jlats wrote:
“Meal 6 Two slices of whole wheat bread,1 slice of fat free cheese and a slice of turkey”
:frowning:

Eat more protein
Eat more fat
Eat more veggies
Eat less carbs[/quote]

I meant to add the egg to that meal-but I get the point
I am trying to fix my diet up, the type of cardio that i am doing has involved mostly running.
Last week- Mon Ran about 3.5 mi, Fri ran about 4 mi. this all involves some calestenics before the run followed by a max set of dead hang pull ups 15-20.

this week Mon ran 3.4 mi, Tues ran on 1 mile with boots and did a very strenueous amount of calestenics.

I dont know what to do about my diet, I dont know what to eat or how much to eat of is there any suggestions to how much i should be taking in. I read alot of articles and they dont say how much i should get. Tomorrow i have a 6 mile run.

Would love to hear some good advice

Cut out the shit food and replace with healthy stuff. Healthy meaning all of the shit people posted above. You are not overweight at all, especially if you plan to do some long term cardio type shit like what you posted above.

The Velocity Diet is not a good idea with what you will be doing. There is too much cardio going on for you to have virtually no carbs. You will drag major ass in your competition, and feel horrible I am sure. I think the V-Diet has its place, but not in your case.

Anyways let’s see; you know what I’ll save myself the write-up and take the lazy way out.

Nutritional Essentials:

To answer your Qs:-

Diet: Probably T-Dawg 2.0 (i think that gives him 100 carbs a day, enough to cut but enough to keep going)

Workout: www.rossboxing.com (thank me later)

i just read through a bunch of rossboxing.com…that’s a sick f*cking site.

Guys, why would he drastically limit his carbohydrate intake when he is about to be doing a variety of moderate to high intensity cardio sessions.

A. More protein.
B. Fewer carbohydrates on your last meal.
C. Couple more veggies.
D. Healthy fats(Almonds)

Keep the rest the same and you will lose fat during your course. Your energy expendiature is about to skyrocket, so you will need to increase your protein intake to compensate; but, you will not want to increase your calories too much if you are looking to lose fat.

Don’t Vdiet; a diet that has virtually no carbohydrates is not beneficial for what you are about to do.

After this course, or if it is longer than a week or two take time to reevaluate your progress.

Everything i eat is healthy, except for my one cheat meal a week.

I will look at some of the posts, still doing cardio like runs with a water jug with my squad for like 3 miles, doing some firemans carry squas/runs, pullups crunches/ sprints followed by a obstacle, eight count body builders and other bodyweight excercises. I havent gone to the gym in like a week and a half, real damn tired and after doing all that crap we have classes for the rest of the day…but enough bitchin…I will do some research thanks for the posts.

[quote]Zagman wrote:
Guys, why would he drastically limit his carbohydrate intake when he is about to be doing a variety of moderate to high intensity cardio sessions.

A. More protein.
B. Fewer carbohydrates on your last meal.
C. Couple more veggies.
D. Healthy fats(Almonds)

Keep the rest the same and you will lose fat during your course. Your energy expendiature is about to skyrocket, so you will need to increase your protein intake to compensate; but, you will not want to increase your calories too much if you are looking to lose fat.

Don’t Vdiet; a diet that has virtually no carbohydrates is not beneficial for what you are about to do.

After this course, or if it is longer than a week or two take time to reevaluate your progress.[/quote]

The course is 7 weeks long and i have like four more to go i will be running most likely the whole time.

I think i will read most like combine the T-dawg diet with the current routine i have and try to lift at least 3 times a day. I was slacking because we ran more than three miles last week Monday-Friday, I know im a slacker