T Nation

Which Creatine Do You Prefer?

This may be a difficult question to answer since everyone's body is different; however, I would like to start a creatine supplement again (I first used MRI Anabolic Switch) and I am wondering which type of creatine does everyone prefer (ie. monohydrate, etc.) and what brand.

I have tried looking around and have seen great things about Biotest Surge, any other ones worth checking out (Universal Storm, pure creatine monohydrate, etc.)? I have always had great results with any Universal product.

Creatine
The Original - German Micronized Creatine Monohydrate

Surge doesn’t have creatine in it, but what Aig said

[quote]GusBus07 wrote:
Surge doesn’t have creatine in it, but what Aig said[/quote]

x2. I toss my Biotest creatine into Surge though

You won’t go wrong with Biotest’s pure, micronized German Creatine Monohydrate.

Did you read the recent article on Creatine by the new Doctor kid?

LR

Just Look for micronized creatine monohydrate. Its cheap and many supplement companies produce it. They’re all generally the same price.

I just have the NOW foods stuff, was very cheap:D. Very reputable company. I haven’t tried Biotest stuff. Maybe when I run out of this other one.

I prefer micronized creatine monohydrate and I get it off of bodybuilding.com because my friend has an account and it’s fairly cheap. I think Biotest’s is cheaper before shipping though.

well with no shipping then it is cheaper after shipping StateChamp :wink:

[quote]GusBus07 wrote:
well with no shipping then it is cheaper after shipping StateChamp ;)[/quote]

X2, its 12.95 period.

I asked which creatine would be the best choice in GNC the other day and the little guy behind the counter showed me a box of creatine tablets. I figured if they were worth a shit I would have heard about them, creatine coming in tablets. Glad I found this thread before I made my own with the same question.

I’ll save you some time.
In my experience,the general consensus for most peeps,especially on T-Nation,
is they get the best results or just as good with the original,good old fashioned Creatine Monohydrate powder,the German shit.
If it has the ‘Creapure’ logo on it,that’s a good sign.
If it contains four different types of impressive-sounding creatine complexes,along with a whole bunch of questionable additives,and ‘delivery systems’,costs at least twice as all the other regular creatine powders and had a nice sexy shiny label,it’s probably overpriced horse-shit.
Not to say it doesn’t work,it just probably works just as well as the regular stuff.
Having said that,I have experimented with Creatine Monohydrate AND Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) for many years,swapping loyalty between the two,and I prefer CEE.
I don’t necessarilly buy into the claims that it is better than mono,
or with some ‘studies’ claiming it is absorbed 30-50 times better than mono.
All I can tell you is what I have found, with ME-it digests a lot easier,I don’t get cramps,I don’t feel bloated,and I buy pills which are more convenient,I pop 3 in my mouth before a workout,and 3 after. I feel more pumped/focused,my muscles feel harder and look better for longer than with mono,and it’s not much more expensive if you shop around.
I have heard extensive arguments from both camps,
but I have yet to see any conclusive studies that CEE DOESN’T work or works less as effectively than mono.
But yeah,if you’re unsure or cash is an issue,stick with mono.

Not allowed to say what type I use. Me thinks you guys will find out soon enough though. I was taking creatine gluconate, but have recently switched to a combo of the new type and Biotest Creatine, as mentioned above.

Jason

I’m embarrassed to have say I’ve bought Celltech Hardcore. I was a noob, didn’t know what I was getting.

Now I just get German Micronized Creatine, it’s flavorless so I mix it with my shake.

Kre-alkalyn or micronized monohydrate