T Nation

Which Bodybuilding Fed To Compete In?

Hello Everyone,

I'll be entering my first bodybuilding competition next summer after 4 years of drug-free training. I'm wondering if anybody would be so kind as to recommend/educate me on which federation I should compete under. I'm from California and judging from what I heard; the NPC is the most renowned, but it seems that there are a lot of drugged up guys in it.

With that said, I would like to if at all possible compete in a federation that drug-tests and most likely have the highest percentage of naturals competing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I wouldn’t even consider NPC without being on gear. NANBF/IFPA. You can check out NANBF.org for a list of upcoming shows, banned substances, and everything else.

NPC shows should be fine as long as they are labeled “natural”. How the testing is done can really be up to the promoter/people in charge. The natural NPC shows I’ve done have had good means of testing and, for the most part, honest competitors.

Thanks for the replies guys. It means a lot since I’m a newbie at competition. I’ll definitely be checking the NANBF out. By the way, I had no idea what there was a natural division within the NPC. I’ll look into it as well, since there are quite a few NPC shows in California which allows for flexible planning in terms of picking which date/show is best depending on how well the contest prep goes.