Which Bar Attachment is Best?

Hey guys. I really enjoy learning and gleaning whatever I can from this site/forums. My question is what’s the difference between using rope, v-shaped bar, and straight bar in triceps pushdown. Do different attachments emphasize different muscles of the triceps? Thanks.

TROLL

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
TROLL[/quote]

PENIZ

Actually, I kinda want to know since I’ve been sticking to the V Handle and I know what the other bar attachments might do for me.

i like the rope, especially doing the little ‘j-hook’ think at the bottom of the movement

ropes suck

close-grip v-handle sucks

basically i dont like them cause i dont a lot of muscle activation or use much weight with them.

i personally like using the E-Z bar shaped attachment for everything from pushdowns to bent extensions.

i think a closer grip finds its way into mostly rows and sometimes pulldowns if i crave variety.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
TROLL[/quote]

No, fuck off.
I’m curious about the technicalities of this too.

All I know is that I can lift more with a straight bar and it feels different than the rope, so I just do both.

I’d like to bring up the idea that you’re supposed to twist your wrists at the end of the rope extension for a full contraction or something. I used to do that, but it’s just not happening the more weight you use, so I stopped doing it. I see no negative effects. Is this a wives’ tale?

Seems like they would just give you different comfort levels.

I switch between the V-shaped bar and the rope, both of them I feel working MUCH different. I’ve yet to try a straight bar maybe i’ll toss it in sometime and see how it feels.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ropes suck

basically i dont like them cause i dont a lot of muscle activation or use much weight with them.

i personally like using the E-Z bar shaped attachment for everything from pushdowns to bent extensions.

i think a closer grip finds its way into mostly rows and sometimes pulldowns if i crave variety.[/quote]

What the fuck are you on about?

What exactly is the “angled bar?” I can’t seem to find it on google.

[quote]Artem wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ropes suck

i think a closer grip finds its way into mostly rows and sometimes pulldowns if i crave variety.

What the fuck are you on about?[/quote]

im on about e-z grips, fool

[quote]Zackgsc wrote:
I switch between the V-shaped bar and the rope, both of them I feel working MUCH different. I’ve yet to try a straight bar maybe i’ll toss it in sometime and see how it feels.[/quote]

youve never tried a straight bar before? what’r you a transvestite?

just as changing grip and angles on pressing movements, foot position on squats, ect., will allow for better/more direct stimulation of lagging areas; these varying devices are used to hit the different heads of the tricep in a myriad of wonderful ways. using a closer hand position on pressdowns will impact the outer (horseshoe) area to a greater extent. however, everyone’s body mechanics and form vary slightly to vastly, certain handles work better for some individuals based on these variances.

Bottom line, Fucking enjoy the experimentation, rather than read it, feel it, “Oh, shit i say to myself, i feel that there more when i use this handle.” Bodybuilding is a lot like rocket science and/or Neil Bohr’s Atomic Physics. See diagram 12a section IV (jo’mama 273).

i’m not nearly big enough to be as sarcastic as i am.

Seriously, I like the mini, mini EZ curl bar shaped bar. Followed by the rope. I’ve never used the V-grip.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

Bottom line, Fucking enjoy the experimentation, rather than read it, feel it, “Oh, shit i say to myself, i feel that there more when i use this handle.” Bodybuilding is a lot like rocket science and/or Neil Bohr’s Atomic Physics. See diagram 12a section IV (jo’mama 273). /[quote]

I second this. I do not know everything about the body mechanics for every single handle, so I switch it up every week or two for triceps. I, too, like feeling how certain handles target my muscles differently.

which bear is best?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ropes suck

[/quote]

i do v-handle and the rope.

i don’t do e-z bar. my workout partner does though.

my triceps are big, you’re triceps look like my workout partner’s.

my workout partner is a girl.

OP, you can draw you’re own conclusions

LOL. but you’re still my numero uno choice for a MMF live.

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:
which bear is best?[/quote]

Brown Bear.

Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.