Whey Protein - Too Much?

I am getting the majority of my protein from Whey shakes. I have about 5 (50g) shakes a day (40 grams protein per shake).

My carbs and good fat’s are in check (I cycle carbs). I am living in South K, whey is dirt cheap ($28 for 3kg), meat and fish is extremely expensive. I have loads of eggs and chicken, but the majority of my protein comes from whey. My macro’s are in check, I use ON 3 a day multivit, omega 3, vit c, calcium, magnesium. Does it really matter that I am using so much whey?

Does it matter regarding what?

I would think that as long as you’re not dealing with any lactose, or gas issues, that it shouldn’t matter. I know a guy who eats whey/PB/Oats 5x a day and he’s in pretty damn good shape.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I know a guy who eats whey/PB/Oats 5x a day and he’s in pretty damn good shape.

S[/quote]

You know, if he throws in some cottage cheese with that, it probably won’t have an effect one way or the other shape-wise, but he’ll certainly be a happier man for it :).

It won’t make a difference as far as weight gains or anything like that. Personally, I’d rather eat food that I enjoy than protein shakes. But with the price levels you noted… I can’t blame you for just going the Whey way.