T Nation

Whey Protein Recommendations


#1

Now that Grow Whey is unavailable, I'm looking for recommendations for a similar protein (flavor, price, texture). I've tried ON Whey (it's been years, though), NOW whey, and various custom mixes from the main custom mix site that I can't name, and haven't found anything close to Grow vanilla.

Anyone find anything close?


#2

Grow is still available, it’s the MD Muscle Growth Formula that has been discontinued (confirmed by customer support today). Not happy about that at all, no idea why they would do that. I used ON a few years back I remember it being pretty good. Looking for a comparable MRP…


#3

Like OP said, any suggestions would be appreciated.


#4

[quote]Jack Bauer wrote:
Grow is still available, it’s the MD Muscle Growth Formula that has been discontinued (confirmed by customer support today). Not happy about that at all, no idea why they would do that. I used ON a few years back I remember it being pretty good. Looking for a comparable MRP…[/quote]
The MD muscle growth formula? Maybe a stupid question but I don’t remember seeing that.


#5

AKA Metabolic Drive Complete?


#6

[quote]Jack Bauer wrote:
Grow is still available, it’s the MD Muscle Growth Formula that has been discontinued (confirmed by customer support today). Not happy about that at all, no idea why they would do that. I used ON a few years back I remember it being pretty good. Looking for a comparable MRP…[/quote]

I talked to customer service today. Grow is dead.


#7

[quote]eggers wrote:

[quote]Jack Bauer wrote:
Grow is still available, it’s the MD Muscle Growth Formula that has been discontinued (confirmed by customer support today). Not happy about that at all, no idea why they would do that. I used ON a few years back I remember it being pretty good. Looking for a comparable MRP…[/quote]

I talked to customer service today. Grow is dead. [/quote]

Unbelievable. The end of an era I guess. He did say the MD bars would be out in a few weeks though


#8

Am I missing something?? Grow! is still up on site to purchase and it says ‘In Stock’


#9

[quote]believer423 wrote:
Am I missing something?? Grow! is still up on site to purchase and it says ‘In Stock’[/quote]

Click on “Select Flavor”, and both flavor options are “Out of Stock”.


#10

Can anybody recommend another MRP/whey protein?


#11

[quote]Jack Bauer wrote:
Can anybody recommend another MRP/whey protein?[/quote]
I’m not exactly in the loop, but if they’re retiring Grow!, it’s news to me. It’s actually my primary protein shake right now.

Metabolic Drive and MAG-10 would be the best bets as an “any time of day protein.” Metabolic Drive being very comparable in price to Grow!; MAG-10, even though it costs more, is more versatile and can be used peri-workout.


#12

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]Jack Bauer wrote:
Can anybody recommend another MRP/whey protein?[/quote]
I’m not exactly in the loop, but if they’re retiring Grow!, it’s news to me. It’s actually my primary protein shake right now.

Metabolic Drive and MAG-10 would be the best bets as an “any time of day protein.” Metabolic Drive being very comparable in price to Grow!; MAG-10, even though it costs more, is more versatile and can be used peri-workout.[/quote]

I have a casein intolerance, so all other Biotest protein is out for me. Thanks for the response, though.