Whey Protein Prices Skyrocketing?

Got this from bulknutrition - anyone know anything about this? Do we need to worry about Grow?

To our valued customers,

This is a special announcement to let you know that due to cost increases and supply issues with whey protein, all major manufacturers and suppliers will shortly be raising their prices on whey protein products. Unfortunately, our costs are going to go up dramatically and we will need to raise our prices somewhat in order to offset these additional costs. Again, this increase in whey protein pricing is industry wide and completely out of our hands.

bodybuilding.com has raised prices too, I emailed them to ask why this has happened. I hope this is just a temporary spike, and hopefully this doesn’t effect grow because I may be buying some.

Buy in bulk from Australia and NZ. That’s why your prices are going up. Most of the whey used by American companies comes from down under as they have a good dairy industry.

Just buy your protein, malto, flavourings etc and make your own.

I buy the raw stuff and use it with various fruits or malto if I can’t be bothered and it works great, light on the stomach and pocket too.

Hey Humble

Do you have a recipe you can share in making your own protein
I would love to give it a try

thanks

What humble said. With NZD:USD exchange rate hits 25yrs high at $1NZD:$0.7476USD, it costs more for the US to buy from Aust and NZ dairy companies like Fonterra.

I am not complaining, as now it costs me less to buy from Biotest.

GB

Humble and Greekboy sound spot on to me. The US dollar is at a significant low compared to most foreign currencies.

For instance: earlier this week the British pound breached $2 in value for the first time since 1992. In the not too distant past that was more like 1:1.6.

[quote]Stuey wrote:
Humble and Greekboy sound spot on to me. The US dollar is at a significant low compared to most foreign currencies.

For instance: earlier this week the British pound breached $2 in value for the first time since 1992. In the not too distant past that was more like 1:1.6.[/quote]

Add to that the surge in the price of corn (cow food), as a result of biofuel companies and speculators. Y’all need to brace yourselves, all food is about to go up. Way up.

DJ

You’d think that with every pound sterling worth 2 us dollars that american supplements would be cheap in the UK…but no.

here’s what we pay over here for Biotest…(converted to dollars)

Alpha Male: $140
BETA 7:$120
BCAA: $80
FAHRENHEIT:$64
Flameout:$100
HOT-ROX(NOT EXTREME):$110
Metabolic Drive 2lbs:$80
NEW Surge:$80
ZMA:$45
REZ-V:$100
Spike:$40
TRIBEX:$80
PowerDrive:$60

Anyone got any ideas why we pay double for Biotest in the UK?

[quote]orinoco wrote:
You’d think that with every pound sterling worth 2 us dollars that american supplements would be cheap in the UK…but no.

here’s what we pay over here for Biotest…(converted to dollars)

Alpha Male: $140
BETA 7:$120
BCAA: $80
FAHRENHEIT:$64
Flameout:$100
HOT-ROX(NOT EXTREME):$110
Metabolic Drive 2lbs:$80
NEW Surge:$80
ZMA:$45
REZ-V:$100
Spike:$40
TRIBEX:$80
PowerDrive:$60

Anyone got any ideas why we pay double for Biotest in the UK?

[/quote]

It’s a joke isn’t it… I can’t justify the expense, which is a shame because I am desperate to try the fabled taste and texture of Metabolic Drive.

And I’ve never seen Metabolic Drive bars for sale anywhere here.

You can thank the morons in Washington DC for replacing MTBE with Ethanol and pushing Ethanol as an alternative fuel (which it is not).

Corporate welfare to ADM has brought this on us.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
You can thank the morons in Washington DC for replacing MTBE with Ethanol and pushing Ethanol as an alternative fuel (which it is not).

Corporate welfare to ADM has brought this on us.[/quote]

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this marmadogg, sorry.
What is MTBE, and ADM?

Ethanol as a fuel,I know something about. It’s use is accelerating the loss of rainforest…which isn’t just a concern for hippies.

The rainforest acts as a huge store for CO2, it’s destruction causes a positive feedback in the earth’s regulatory systems.
Translated that means that if it disappears, we’ll all feel the effects.

I wish i could afford more than just Surge. I’d love to try Alpha Male, and HOT-ROX Extreme…but I like being solvent (just!), so can’t right now.