T Nation

Whey + Gatorade Powder

My post workout drink is Champion Nutrition Whey and some gatorade powder for the carbs. What do you think of this combo to get those carbs post workout?

I’ve heard dextrose and maltodextrose?? are better. Are they and where to buy it? How about putting frozen blueberries, raspberries in to get the carbs?

I got one of those “Magic Bullet” blenders from informercial. This thing is THE BEST! I highly recommend it. They have a website also where you can order them.

Go to the product page and read about Surge.

[quote]tumbeh wrote:
I got one of those “Magic Bullet” blenders from informercial. This thing is THE BEST! I highly recommend it. They have a website also where you can order them.[/quote]

What’s the website???

Whey is fast acting and sugar and berries (which add antioxidants and some fiber with a bit more sugar) are good things to add to one’s pre-, mid-, and post-workout intake (if it’s lifting, particularly). Depending on the study, one can find slightly different benefits for sucrose (table sugar) vs. glucose vs. “glucose polymers”/ maltodextrin… but they all help.

Especially since Surge is cheaper nowadays, it’s also worth looking into. - since you’re already surfing this site (info. on home page), since many readers are very into peri-workout tweaks, and since its sale supports our / your community here.