Whey, Creatine and Bcaa Timing

I been taking them before workout before i leave for the gym.
I have another during the workout.
I have another when i get home from the workout.

1 scoop whey, 5 grams creatine in before and after shake.
Bcaa about 5 grams in each shake.

My question is about timeing.
Do i need all three preworkout?
Do i need all three peri workout?
Do i need all three post workout?

I got some pre workout samples and they carried me though my workout better then whats described above. I take it in milk, with syrup and creamer.

Since pre made pre workouts with stimulants got me though some tough workouts and proved to me they are better then what i been doing i began to question my approach.

230 pounds 19% fat.

I would take the 3 doses of BCAAs before and during the workout (15g sipped before and during training)

Then take the scoop of Whey and 5g of Creatine post workout.

[quote]tork94 wrote:
I would take the 3 doses of BCAAs before and during the workout (15g sipped before and during training)

Then take the scoop of Whey and 5g of Creatine post workout.[/quote]

This is what I do as well. Don’t think I could stomach whey during a workout. But I sip a BCAA mix during.

I’m not an expert but I play one on internet forums.

When I first started using creatine it was advised to use preworkout and that was before they discovered it should be taken with something to spike insulin which helps shuttle it into cells. Now so many state that you should use it post workout.

It’s like everything else you seem to read they say one thing then change it a few years later. If you are feeling good pumps and the mirror shows muscles full, rounded and you have ATP to get through your workouts, then whenever you are taking it must be working.

Creatine is cheap and effective so I started taking it before and after workouts several years back.

I also use whey protein pre-workout and post-workout.

I also recall reading a number of years ago that taking any carb source stops the natural HGH release that your workout is stimulating.

But if you’re injecting HGH then it would make sense it wouldn’t matter taking a carb source to boost you along into a little longer workout.

Supplementing with bcaa’s during workout is what I do. My whey protein preworkout has 10 grams of bcaa’s to kick start things. Leucine is the primary bcaa that stimulates protein synthesis inside muscle cells. Mine has an 8:1:1 ratio of L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine (rather than the basic 2:1:1 a lot of them contain)

I use citrulline malate 6 grams once I’m at gym on squat and deadlift days. It opens up the arteries and I feel like I can lift for several hours. It supposedly doesn’t mix well with other things that’s why I let my preworkout meal and whey digest first.

Read the book NO More Heart Disease at your library about how arginine and citrulline work.

P.S.
I also use nipple shields:

Whey, creatine, and bcaa’s are entirely different from a pre workout supplement man…these 3 supplements have a longer term focus in mind, and are taken with recovery, growth, and giving your muscles the best chance to grow in mind. A pre workout supplement is taken with that one workout in mind, for energy and performance. You’re not going to “feel” protein powder, creatine, or bcaa

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Whey, creatine, and bcaa’s are entirely different from a pre workout supplement man…these 3 supplements have a longer term focus in mind, and are taken with recovery, growth, and giving your muscles the best chance to grow in mind. A pre workout supplement is taken with that one workout in mind, for energy and performance. You’re not going to “feel” protein powder, creatine, or bcaa [/quote]

Is it your statement that they have zero benefit taken before a workout?

[quote]ScreenWatcha wrote:

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
Whey, creatine, and bcaa’s are entirely different from a pre workout supplement man…these 3 supplements have a longer term focus in mind, and are taken with recovery, growth, and giving your muscles the best chance to grow in mind. A pre workout supplement is taken with that one workout in mind, for energy and performance. You’re not going to “feel” protein powder, creatine, or bcaa [/quote]

Is it your statement that they have zero benefit taken before a workout?[/quote]

No. I was replying to your statement that the preworkout samples seemed to carry or power you through your workout better than what you had been doing. You won’t be powered by bcaa’s or creatine, but they are still beneficial

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:

Is it your statement that they have zero benefit taken before a workout?[/quote]
No. I was replying to your statement that the pre-workout samples seemed to carry or power you through your workout better than what you had been doing. You won’t be powered by bcaa’s or creatine, but they are still beneficial [/quote]

Thanks. I’m glade to know my shake is contributing. Wouldn’t you agree i should add to it rather then take away from it. If so what would you add?
citrulline malate and or Beta alanine.

Its a power lifting workout I’m focused on not an aerobic conditioning session. Any advice.

I got some pre workout samples and they carried me though my workout better then whats described above. I take it in milk, with syrup and creamer.

Since pre made pre workouts with stimulants got me though some tough workouts and proved to me they are better then what i been doing i began to question my approach.

230 pounds 19% fat. [/quote]

Personally I`d up the whey to 2 scoops before , 2 during and 2 after the workout, betaine and beta alanine are also helpfull. I see no problems with your approach.

[quote]Andre-Jacques wrote:

Personally I`d up the whey to 2 scoops before , 2 during and 2 after the workout, betaine and beta alanine are also helpfull. I see no problems with your approach.[/quote]

So you want this guy to get 300g of protein from Whey???

Seriously?

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Personally I`d up the whey to 2 scoops before , 2 during and 2 after the workout, betaine and beta alanine are also helpfull. I see no problems with your approach.[/quote]

Seriously? [/quote]

I think my scoops are half the size of yours. 27 grams per scoop. x 6 =162

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Seriously? [/quote]

I think my scoops are half the size of yours. 27 grams per scoop. x 6 =162[/quote]
I would feel like shit with 54 g of whey being digested while working out. Seems a bit excessive to me.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

Seriously? [/quote]

I think my scoops are half the size of yours. 27 grams per scoop. x 6 =162[/quote]
I would feel like shit with 54 g of whey being digested while working out. Seems a bit excessive to me. [/quote]

I would never use a regular whey intra workout. I use EAAs and a powdered carb source.