T Nation

Where's Stan McQuay?

What happened to the guy?

Is he competing anymore?

Is he still with Biotest?

I saw him at the excalibur last year there watching. He looked big, you’d think he would be a good candidate for the 202 class?

DG

IDK, good question. Think I saw him in a mag last month, but can’t remember which one. I agree he seems perfect for 202.

Apparently you have to be a member of his website to access anything worthwhile? Odd.

I know one of the moderators of his site, well used to be moderator.

He said he used to answer some of Stan’s fanmail and questions and stuff. lol

He said that Stan is a pretty cool guy, but gave me some dirt about the politics involved with Stan and the NPC.

I think Stan McQuay has an amazing physique and would love to see him compete again soon or at least do something. It seems as tho he has fallen off the map. ?

DG

Great question. I was actually wondering what happened with that whole Project Superhero thing. I was in and out when that was going on - anyone know what happened?

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I know one of the moderators of his site, well used to be moderator.

He said he used to answer some of Stan’s fanmail and questions and stuff. lol

He said that Stan is a pretty cool guy, but gave me some dirt about the politics involved with Stan and the NPC.

I think Stan McQuay has an amazing physique and would love to see him compete again soon or at least do something. It seems as tho he has fallen off the map. ?

DG[/quote]

I don’t get it either. After the project-superhero and some news about Biotest sponsoring him, I don’t think he was ever mentioned on this site again. (correct me if I’m wrong)

TC or anyone wanna chime in, if you guys got half a minute?

yea I’d like to know what happened, if he’s still a Biotest athlete or not.

but I’d like to know when he is going to make his pro debut?

It just seems he fell off the map. Most people taking time off before competing (evan centopani for example) at least pop in and out of magazines and do some random guest appearances.

McQuay just up and left the scene lol

DG

I believe there was an audio interview on this site a while ago where he said that he was going to take some time off from competing to focus on his personal training business.

I remember thinking it was strange, and a damn shame because his physique looked pretty damn good.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I believe there was an audio interview on this site a while ago where he said that he was going to take some time off from competing to focus on his personal training business.

I remember thinking it was strange, and a damn shame because his physique looked pretty damn good.[/quote]

I remember him saying that too, but it’s been 2 years…personal training should be good by now. I think one of his clients is DR. DRE lol

With the 202lb class now you think he’d be stoked to compete again. Imo he never had the frame to be competitive with the big boys.

DG

Uncle Gabby wrote:

I remember thinking it was strange, and a damn shame because his physique looked pretty damn good.

I remember him saying that too, but it’s been 2 years…personal training should be good by now. I think one of his clients is DR. DRE lol

With the 202lb class now you think he’d be stoked to compete again. Imo he never had the frame to be competitive with the big boys.

DG[/quote]

Yeah, I had the feeling there was something else going on behind the scenes that he didn’t want to talk about and the “focusing on his personal training business” was just an excuse. Whatever it was, I hope he works it out soon.

He ;pulled a Craig Richardson.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
He ;pulled a Craig Richardson.[/quote]

LOL

Which means he’ll be back in 2 years :slight_smile:

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
Which means he’ll be back in 2 years :)[/quote]

did you see on MD where richard jones is making a comeback. They are also trying to talk shawn ray into coming back too. lol

DG

whatever happened to that supposed Kevin Levrone comeback ?

Brendan Ryan wrote:
Which means he’ll be back in 2 years :slight_smile:

did you see on MD where richard jones is making a comeback. They are also trying to talk shawn ray into coming back too. lol

DG[/quote]

That’s what I mean bro.

Check your PMS.

If any of the ‘older’ guys can make a comeback, I’d put my money on Levrone. The guy had some of the best genetics, and would actually be putting weight ON going into contests.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
If any of the ‘older’ guys can make a comeback, I’d put my money on Levrone. The guy had some of the best genetics, and would actually be putting weight ON going into contests.

S
[/quote]

I agree 100%. I hope that I may have similar genetics as I’ve dieted UP to my last contest successfully. So I plan on trying to put weight on while going into my shows.

I can diet down super lean but I just lose muscle and I’d rather clean up my diet, lean up and throw muscle on at the same time.

I don’t think levrone will make a comeback tho. Possible, but I think he has his hands full with other endeavors in life.

DG

But i dont think the acting game is coming quite as easy as he had hoped it would go. The movie he did bombed incredible hard in theaters.

I know that at the Arnold the year before last he was talking about maybe doing the '08 or '09 Olympia.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
whatever happened to that supposed Kevin Levrone comeback ?[/quote]

I’ve read a few times this past year he’s contemplating a comeback, and with Levrones genetics accompanied with muscle memory he can be Olympia ready in less than a year.

If Kevin was to make a DVD of him going from an “athletic” looking 190 that he is now to an Olympia Stage ready 250, I gotta believe that the sales of that thing would be ridiculous.

I for one have never bought a bodybuilders DVD, and I would have to pick that one up.

Side note, I am thinking about picking up Dugdale’s dvd about training with Yates, and I like Phil Heath enough that i might eventually get one of his.