Where's Romney When you Need Him?

With all this bitching about the state of the economy, what a shame it is that old Mitt didn’t get the nomination. Some people might start regretting their primary vote, if they were smart enough to realize it.

Imagine how well he would be doing against Obama right now. Let’s just hope he finds his way into the McCain administration.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
With all this bitching about the state of the economy, what a shame it is that old Mitt didn’t get the nomination. Some people might start regretting their primary vote, if they were smart enough to realize it.

Imagine how well he would be doing against Obama right now. Let’s just hope he finds his way into the McCain administration.[/quote]

I would have voted for Mitt.

I think his focus right now is trying to win 4 years from now. I don’t think he would take a spot on McCain’s admin in case he flops, then it looks bad on Romney.

Romney is back in the people’s republic of Massachusetts finding ways to fix his already disastrous state sponsored health care plan.

I don’t think any of the major players in the primaries would be doing any better than Mcccain/Palin is now.

I voted for Thompson in the primary because even though he didn’t have a prayer I didn’t think anybody else had a better chance than any of the others of defeating Hillary or Obama so what difference did it make.

I wonder what Ron Paul has to say on the current shenanigans. He’s been quiet lately.

Nobody in the media or on the internet thought that McCain was going to be winning anything a year ago.

Nobody in the media or on the internet thought that McCain was going to be winning anything a year ago.[/quote]

We collapsed just in time for the people to see which of the two party’s economic theories is better.

Romney/Palin ticket would have been something else, huh?

I voted for Duncan Hunter in the primaries though. Maybe a Hunter/McCain ticket would have been a real winner.

Nobody in the media or on the internet thought that McCain was going to be winning anything a year ago.[/quote]

Including me.

The bleak reality that an Obama\Biden administration would be a cataclysmic disaster is the only thing that has me pulling for Mccain/Pailn.

I get the feeling that Romney would have us pull out of Iraq much sooner than McCain.

Internet opinion is not representative of real world opinion. People on the net simply know too much. When dealing with people in the real world, everything needs to be dumbed down by a factor of 10.

The majority on FreeRepublic were rooting for Duncan Hunter, then Fred Thompson, with some factions going over to Romney or Huckabee’s camp. Everyone thought McCain was dead in the water. Who actually voted for this guy in the primaries? Apparently these people did:

I don’t think they use the internet. Their candidate doesn’t.

Anyone who considers themselves a true conservative should feel the same way. McCain is a RINO with hawkish tendencies and Palin is both devious and inexperienced. It’s an awful ticket, let’s not kid ourselves.

I haven’t seen anything of substance from either side in this election. The conventions were a joke. It’s all PR and media stunts. The best we can hope for is a continuation of the status quo.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:
Nobody in the media or on the internet thought that McCain was going to be winning anything a year ago.

We collapsed just in time for the people to see which of the two party’s economic theories is better.[/quote]

We “collapsed” because of the general economic theory that is currently held in common by both parties.

The Republican primaries were a joke of the highest order. There were no candidates fielded that were up to snuff with the American public. With 11 initial candidates is it any wonder that the party is not lost. Imagine that all one needs is just greater than 10% of the primary vote to be successful and it is no wonder that Republicans are unsatisfied with the candidate who won.

John McCain did not win the primary so much as everyone else just lost or dropped out. McCain was the most establishment candidate with a history of prior unsuccessful attempts for this office so he had nothing to lose by staying in the race. That is how you Republican voters got stuck with him.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The Republican primaries were a joke of the highest order. There were no candidates fielded that were up to snuff with the American public. With 11 initial candidates is it any wonder that the party is not lost. Imagine that all one needs is just greater than 10% of the primary vote to be successful and it is no wonder that Republicans are unsatisfied with the candidate who won.

John McCain did not win the primary so much as everyone else just lost or dropped out. McCain was the most establishment candidate with a history of prior unsuccessful attempts for this office so he had nothing to lose by staying in the race. That is how you Republican voters got stuck with him.[/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking what candidate do you support?

I agree with your philosophies for the most part, so I’m wondering

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:

I agree with your philosophies for the most part, so I’m wondering[/quote]

At this point there are no candidates that I can support. I had every intention of voting for Ron Paul and I am still going to write him in or I am not voting.

Frankly, I don’t think it really matters who wins this joke of an election. The process is flawed and is intended to keep people from competing so that only established ideas can have a voice. I am not even certain what ideas the established parties represent.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

I agree with your philosophies for the most part, so I’m wondering

At this point there are no candidates that I can support. I had every intention of voting for Ron Paul and I am still going to write him in or I am not voting.

Frankly, I don’t think it really matters who wins this joke of an election. The process is flawed and is intended to keep people from competing so that only established ideas can have a voice. I am not even certain what ideas the established parties represent.[/quote]

Maybe of you could keep the kook fringe idiots from taking up the mantle, and get someone to speak for you who has even a modicum of personality, the libertarian message could get out.

The problem with Paul was the fact that he was about as inspiring as moldy bread, and had a fan base of radical anti-war freaks and spoiled brat college kids.

I agreed with a lot of what Ron Paul had to say. But his stance on the war and the bullshit about going back on the gold standard killed it for me. Not to mention his rabid followers. I wouldn’t even speak to 3/4 of those losers if I was sitting next to them at a diner.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I agreed with a lot of what Ron Paul had to say. But his stance on the war and the bullshit about going back on the gold standard killed it for me. Not to mention his rabid followers. I wouldn’t even speak to 3/4 of those losers if I was sitting next to them at a diner. [/quote]

Believe it or not, I agree with you about some of his followers. It was really hard for me to go to any meet-ups or be at his rallies because some of them seemed really crazy (for instance this one lady who swore the government was trying to use mind control on her family thru the power station next to her house). The one thing I will say as vitriolic as they could be they were very independent and could not be pigeonholed as a group.

I still say the gold standard (or any other commodity) is good and would keep government spending in check. That alone is enough for me to want to support Paul. He was the only candidate who really understood economics and could comment intelligently on it.

Yep, Ron Paul followers = nutbags and dumbass lefties

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I agreed with a lot of what Ron Paul had to say. But his stance on the war and the bullshit about going back on the gold standard killed it for me. Not to mention his rabid followers. I wouldn’t even speak to 3/4 of those losers if I was sitting next to them at a diner. [/quote]

Yup.