T Nation

Where Would You Move To?

Ok - just for kicks…

If you had to relocate and could go anywhere except where you live now, where would you go? (I mean at the closest the next town/city but lets really go for it and say another state/county/country)

Making the assumption that you could earn a reasonable living at your destination.

And why?

i cant pick between 2 places:

South America, probably Cordoba:
Its like ibiza but classy, with every girl extremely hot. night clubs open till 8am. and it is soooo cheap. really nice people aswell. i got arrested and let out within 20mins because i was irish and knew a small bit of spanish. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rural town/small city in “New” europe:
somewhere like Ukraine, Crotia, Slovakia.
awesome way of life, cheap, hot women.n its also sort of untouched by capatilism (for now)

Scott

ANYwhere except Texas and anywhere else where an air conditioner is a necessity. At all. Maine (home), NH or Vermont. Northern NY. Alaska. Montana. Northern Idaho (beautiful!) Heck, Canada. Siberia. Iceland. And I need mountains to hike up and ski down and woods to run in and real likes and rivers to play in… anywhere but here, really at this point (can you tell I’m desperate… we graduate in May, can’t wait).

I spent a summer working with a bunch of people from New Zealand a few years ago and they seemed awesome. If they’re representative of the entire culture I’d happily live there. They were all very laid back and down to earth. It’s beautiful there too.

I also want to live somewhere where people aren’t so damn friendly. It’s effing suffocating. Southern hospitality my ass. If hospitality means intrusive rudeness, OK. And half the sweet-talkin’ lines are contrived and fake. My neighbors won’t let me go to the grocery store or whatever without a ten minute conversation asking about every detail of my life since they last saw me.

If I randomly see someone I know back home and I don’t want to talk to them a quick “hi” will suffice and they aren’t going to call me five minutes later about if I’m mad at them. If my hubby and I have people over for dinner, and we didn’t have a nice time, we’re NOT going to say, “Let’s do this again sometime, it was wonderful!” But people down here will SAY this with no intention of ever calling you again. The whole culture just seems really syrupy and fakey. I want to spend about five years living in the woods with nobody around (except hubby and dog of course :-)) after three years in Dallas.

/rant over… apologies to Texans, I know you love your state… cool, I’m glad you do, just not my cup of tea. And by that I don’t mean sweet tea, I mean real English Breakfast boiling hot tea in a thick mug with heavy cream.

Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Up until I retire it does’nt really matter. But I am looking into retirement property in the Philippines.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

[/quote]

Canada.

Because it’s cool.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Canada.

Because it’s cool.[/quote]

And because their female’s national sport is the best!

Norway, working as a firefighter

w0rd

[quote]josh86 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Canada.

Because it’s cool.

And because their female’s national sport is the best![/quote]

You know it;)

I grew up in Florida but have been working in Texas for about 10 years. I still call Florida home, and would like to return one day.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Canada.

Here, come to Toronto. I’ll show you how lame this city is.
lol

A beach somehere in South America.

Probably Colombia.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
imhungry wrote:
MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Canada.

Because it’s cool.

And because their female’s national sport is the best![/quote]

And because of the high concentration of T-Vixens!

Ukraine.

I was born there. Plus, if I have a decent income, nothing’s off limits.

Ugh… Orlando is tempting, but I’ve been very interested in southern Oregon for a while now, maybe Medford or something. Niceish weather, nice pot laws, nice landscape.

I’ve always wanted to live in Chicago. I’ve been there before and I always have a great time, but I’m sure living there would probably be a different story.

The Bay Area is nice, but I wouldn’t mind living somewhere a little warmer. Maybe San Diego.

EDIT: I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier but I’d love to live in Lake Tahoe. That was always the family vacation spot and I can imagine living there.

Canada.
I’m generalising here,but from what I have seen,heard and read-
Hot women
Cold beer
Fresh Air
Beautiful Country
Nice Cities/towns
Low Crime
Friendly people
Cost Of Living
Quality Of Life
Comedy Festivals
Nice accent
…And They speak English!

Hawaii or some other tropical place. Blue water, hot sun etc…

[quote]imhungry wrote:
MsM wrote:
Florida or Cali.

It’s warm and…it’s warm.

Canada.

I like Canada too.

It is too warm here and the smell of chocolate in the air really is depressing.

chocolate? where you at?