Where Would You Live?

If money was not an issue where would you live in the U.S? Big city, small town, desert…etc…? You are not rich in this scenario but, make enough money from an online business or you work from home.

Alaska

Serious. I enjoy the cold (sleep better), the population would be dispersed, land would be cheaper, I would like to see the lights, and it seems peaceful.

I like where I’m at.

I know several people in the same circumstance as described and they don’t want to live anywhere else either.

Santa Cruz, California. On the West Side. Beautiful town, beautiful beaches, no smog, perfect weather and close enough to SF and San Jose to reap the benefits of living near a major metropolitan area without dealing with the bullshit that comes with it. Not a lot of traffic at all, not overly-crowded, small-town atmosphere without being in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

NW Montana (Flathead valley) - which i plan on moving there asap.

Maui would be another choice.

Front Range of Colorado, somewhere near the Flattops Wilderness, East Elk Creek or something like that. Gorgeous country

Although i’ve never been i love the idea of living in a Penthouse in Manhattan over looking the park. Upper east side?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Although i’ve never been i love the idea of living in a Penthouse in Manhattan over looking the park. Upper east side?[/quote]

I used to think it would be cool to live there, assuming you were able to live slightly better than the average new yorker but then I went back 10 years later and realized less people is better.

Yeah ur probably right, the U.S has some amazing landscapes.

I know nothing about Montana but it’s a place I would consider moving to.

I’ll tell you where I’d go. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking bout a little place called…Aspen.

But seriously, lately I have been thinking about this. All my life I have lived in either ghettos filled to capacity or in a loft in Downtown Los Angeles where it is still crowded with little to no space, only exception is that I was around a lot more pretentious assholes.

After looking at many smaller towns online I have really been just in awe of Texas Hill Country, Parts of Montana, Colorado, Sedona Arizona and many more places. Only issue is that although I am tempted to make that type of transition I do not know if smaller town life would be enough, though it does seem nice. The cost of living, land/homes is another reason.

I’d likely pick Washington state. SOme smaller town.

If we include the whole world if would be northern Scotland…in a stone house not too far from a nice pub.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
I’ll tell you where I’d go. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking bout a little place called…Aspen.

But seriously, lately I have been thinking about this. All my life I have lived in either ghettos filled to capacity or in a loft in Downtown Los Angeles where it is still crowded with little to no space, only exception is that I was around a lot more pretentious assholes.

After looking at many smaller towns online I have really been just in awe of Texas Hill Country, Parts of Montana, Colorado, Sedona Arizona and many more places. Only issue is that although I am tempted to make that type of transition I do not know if smaller town life would be enough, though it does seem nice. The cost of living, land/homes is another reason.[/quote]

Don’t you mean Swallows of Capistrano?

[/quote]

I don’t know, the French are assholes.

[quote]on edge wrote:

After looking at many smaller towns online I have really been just in awe of Texas Hill Country, Parts of Montana, Colorado, Sedona Arizona and many more places. Only issue is that although I am tempted to make that type of transition I do not know if smaller town life would be enough, though it does seem nice. The cost of living, land/homes is another reason.[/quote]

Don’t you mean Swallows of Capistrano?[/quote]

No, it is Salmon.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’d likely pick Washington state. SOme smaller town.

If we include the whole world if would be northern Scotland…in a stone house not too far from a nice pub.[/quote]

The Whole of the NW coast is nice. If you go too far North it really is like going back in time

Funny you mention this, because I can relate to a certain extent.

I live in the 818, I know you know where that is, probably no more than 20 minutes from you.

I have my eye on the Denver area, seems like a nice city and I love the outdoors. It would be tough getting used to not being near a beach, but I could deal with it.

I also like that it’s centrally located in the US.

Seraphim, for the price of some crapper here, you could have a nice fucking house paid in full. There is no reason a fixer should cost upwards of $400k or more. I think we have been fucked too much with the cost of living being so much, your dollar (or should I say our dollar) does not go far here.

Salma Hayek’s house

Either the Texas hill country or somewhere around Idaho.

I’m a college student from Brazil, studying Physical Therapy. When I graduate I would love to live, at least for a year or two, in Nashville. You may think it’s ridiculous, but I love the country music thing…
Could you guys give me some perspective about work opportunities in my area in the USA? Thanks.