Where To Go From Here?

So I’ve been lifting since January ( first time) and I’ve made very good progress on my size, but my strength lagged behind a bit.

Which bothers me because just 4 months ago I found I want to be a powerlifter…

I’ve been using a westside template for the past 4 months, and while some of my gains have been good, I just can’t stop from thinking that I might be able to make better gains with another porgram.

I have been considering switching to a sheiko volume based program (mostly because I remember Robertson writing in his 5*5 article that newer lifters mostly need volume.) Does this sound like a good idea?

Others at the intense muscle forum have given me a 3 day split that involves one heavy lifts then two assitance lifts, however I’m not sure about it.

any help would be appreciated.

Are you a troll? Have you read anything in the archives? If you’re not willing to put the work by reading and thinking, then you will never be a champion - at anything!

[quote]Naphta wrote:
So I’ve been lifting since January ( first time) and I’ve made very good progress on my size, but my strength lagged behind a bit.

Which bothers me because just 4 months ago I found I want to be a powerlifter…

I’ve been using a westside template for the past 4 months, and while some of my gains have been good, I just can’t stop from thinking that I might be able to make better gains with another porgram.

I have been considering switching to a sheiko volume based program (mostly because I remember Robertson writing in his 5*5 article that newer lifters mostly need volume.) Does this sound like a good idea?

Others at the intense muscle forum have given me a 3 day split that involves one heavy lifts then two assitance lifts, however I’m not sure about it.

any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

[quote]GranolaCon wrote:
Are you a troll? Have you read anything in the archives? If you’re not willing to put the work by reading and thinking, then you will never be a champion - at anything!

[/quote]

Sorry, is this a joke? I’m not really sure? because… wow, I’m sorta surprised. I’ve read pretty much every article on this site about powerlifting there is, I check elite fts daily… if anything I overanalyze.

My main question, which is unanswered in the forums, is whether sheiko could be used for a beginner and if anyone would advice it. I was wondering because Robertson, in his 5 * 5 article reccomended a high volume aproach in his article. I was wondering if sheiko fell into this.

I don’t know if my question has been asked often… I don’t think so… most of the trolls here usually ask why they don’t grow… I’ve been wondering if it was time to cinsider a high volume aprroach and go back to a high intensity program later…

Sorry.

I’ve seen sheiko routines for a beginner. They are not much different than the more advanced. I cannot remember the site that it was on.

[quote]GranolaCon wrote:

[/quote]

Are you a fucking idiot?

To OP: I’ve never done either program so I can’t help, but I’m sure someone will come with some info.

As new as your are to training a BABY really only 8 months I think a bit higher rep is smart no matter the program be the sheiko or a west side approach. You need the reps for connective tissue etc that has yet to have matured at ALL and you have a very ineffecient CNS.

Neurally your firing on about 3 cylinders and doing a program lifting lots of singles, meant for someone more advanced.

I say keep with the west side but instead of 1 reps maxes for ME go to 3 or even 5 and do RE work most times ionstead of DE work you need to build a base.

Read up west side for skinny bastards as well.

Best of luck,
Phill