Where to Go From Here... Ideas?

Hey all, I’m new to this forum and I’d like to know if I’m going in the right direction and if not, please help I guess. All advice will be taken into consideration… for the most part. I’ve been lifting for an okay amount of time, probably 3 years but basically only doing legitimate training during summers as I’m pretty busy.

Oh yeah, I’m a 17 year old male. I’m 5’9 to 5’10 and around 183 pounds. I’m not really sure about my body fat but it’s probably around 15% or so based on observations (I just looked at pictures and estimated). My current lifts are pretty mediocre: around a 235 bench, ~315 squat probably higher, and 365 deadlift. I haven’t tested maxes in a while now but that’s, I’d say, close to where they are.

Anyways, on to my goals. My main goal right now is just to increase overall size and strength, not necessarily focus exclusively on “cutting” as I’m 17 and am not looking to cut down my food intake just yet since I’m growing. I’ve sort of been “farting around” the past couple years with no program, just randomly increasing weights/varying exercises which I regret since I progressed very little, but still progressed some (not as much as I wanted).

I’m now going to start Madcow’s 5x5 soon. If any of you have ideas, I’m all ears. Also if you need any more info, I can try my best.

Thank you.

Actually I think I’m probably going to do 5/3/1, not 5x5…unless I should do 5x5?

What are your goals?

Your lifts aren’t bad for a beginner.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
What are your goals?

Your lifts aren’t bad for a beginner. [/quote]

Well in my post I mentioned strength and size, but looking relatively good is still a big part of it.

5/3/1 or a 5x5 will both work. I would pick 5/3/1 were I in your position.

Would you say do BBB?

Either do that one, or one of the other ones.