Where to Go After HSS-100?

I made the best gains of my training career after implementing an HSS-100 program in mid-November. I’ve changed the movements when I’ve stalled out on them but the system is the same.

I also got my diet in check. 3300 kcal/day from clean sources, 1.5g/lb bodyweight from clean sources. Trying to add lean, clean mass.

I’ve had limited success with Waterbury programs in the past, and loved the bodybuilding focus of HSS-100.

I feel like it’s time to shake things up for a while and then return to an HSS-100 system workout after a while.

Any suggestions on training structure? I was thinking about 6-8 weeks of EDT, but I’m open to other ideas. I know that’s not a traditional bodybuilding program, but it’s very different than what I’ve been doing, and variety is good. Lean, clean mass is the name of the game.

Thanks!

I had a lot of sucess with Stripped Down Hypertrophy - about 10 lbs in 6 weeks staying under 10% bf. I got a great deal stronger in the percribed lifts, too.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
I had a lot of sucess with Stripped Down Hypertrophy - about 10 lbs in 6 weeks staying under 10% bf. I got a great deal stronger in the percribed lifts, too.[/quote]

Thanks for that-- looks very interesting. I may have to give it a shot.

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

If you got good results how about going through the HSS100 specializations? Maybe try your weakest area and then re-evaluate.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
If you got good results how about going through the HSS100 specializations? Maybe try your weakest area and then re-evaluate.[/quote]

Well I’m feeling like it’s time for a change for a short while. Maybe even 4 weeks of something completely different, just to keep it fresh. I might hit those spec programs when I get back to HSS-100.

Even if you followed the entire HSS-100 scheme, that is only 4 months of training… Why not just go through the cycle again? If you follow it correctly you should be cycling reps often enough to avoid stagnation. Most other programs on the site are not as much “pure bodybuilding” like that program is.

Why would you go off the program that just gave you the best gains of your life?

If that is you in your avatar, specialization is definitely not in your cards right now… Add another 20-30 pounds of LBM and then you will notice where your week points are, if any.

stick with HSS-100

eat more, that’s usually the reason people stall on lifts

although I don’t have any particular suggestion on what to try, my vote goes to switching it up briefly. Then go back to what works.

I agree with Blongo, like it has been stated by some of the same authors in T-Nation “the best program is the one you are not doing.”

Hope that helps

If you really want the opposite of the spectrum, a high frequency and low volume split might be worth a try. I’m making good strength gains in all my lifts off DC training having been training higher volume and even full body training. I’m making good mass gains, provided I eat about 4000 calories a day. It’s bodybuilding orientated and it’s focused on getting a shitload stronger with many chances for growth thanks to the higher frequency.

DC training is requires the MOST effort out of all types of training I’ve done (20rep squats and a 3minute 20second calf set is brutal along with double rest paused sets) Give it a try, you just might stay with it for a “long” while. Check out intensemuscle forums or the DC forum at T-Nation.

[quote]RockmanX88 wrote:
If you really want the opposite of the spectrum, a high frequency and low volume split might be worth a try. I’m making good strength gains in all my lifts off DC training having been training higher volume and even full body training. I’m making good mass gains, provided I eat about 4000 calories a day. It’s bodybuilding orientated and it’s focused on getting a shitload stronger with many chances for growth thanks to the higher frequency.

DC training is requires the MOST effort out of all types of training I’ve done (20rep squats and a 3minute 20second calf set is brutal along with double rest paused sets) Give it a try, you just might stay with it for a “long” while. Check out intensemuscle forums or the DC forum at T-Nation. [/quote]

Been thinking about giving DC a try-- thanks for the recommendation.

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
RockmanX88 wrote:

DC training is requires the MOST effort out of all types of training I’ve done (20rep squats and a 3minute 20second calf set is brutal along with double rest paused sets) Give it a try, you just might stay with it for a “long” while. Check out intensemuscle forums or the DC forum at T-Nation.

Been thinking about giving DC a try-- thanks for the recommendation. [/quote]

If you have any questions feel free to put them on the ‘Trying DoggCrapp training’ thread, and if you decide to do it putting your routine up for a critique with rep ranges and everything is a good idea too.

Ya i was thinking doggcrapp from what i heard…

And i love stripped down HT, i use that full body template often

Maybe try another CT program- Optimized Volume Training (OVT). It’s a good one. I also concur that a full body approach for 4-6 weeks could be a nice change for your body because it will adapt to a different kind of stimulus.