Where to get Rubber Matting for a Home Gym

The floor I’ll be lifting on is ceramic tile so rubber matting is a must, I have no idea where I would find it though. Anyone know?

tractor supply, agri-supply are good sources. They are most commonly used and referred to as stall mats. Our local agri-supply store in Garner, NC has 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in thick for about $45 each. Stay away from the fitness supply stores and don’t waste your money trying to have them shipped.

If you’re lifting over ceramic tile I recommend making a platform by putting two layers of 3/4 in plywood over the rubber mats and putting cheap thin carpet on top. The wood distributes the load (and impact) and the carpet provides traction.

[quote]tcsimon wrote:
tractor supply, agri-supply are good sources. They are most commonly used and referred to as stall mats. Our local agri-supply store in Garner, NC has 4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in thick for about $45 each. Stay away from the fitness supply stores and don’t waste your money trying to have them shipped.

If you’re lifting over ceramic tile I recommend making a platform by putting two layers of 3/4 in plywood over the rubber mats and putting cheap thin carpet on top. The wood distributes the load (and impact) and the carpet provides traction.[/quote]

I agree on the stall mats. They are half the price and twice as thick as gym mats. You can also use the two layers of plywood then put the rubber on top. We did that for half of our gym. The plywood also gives you a way to screw things down into it.