Where The Wild Things Are Movie

I am still wary from the Jim Carey Grinch fiasco. Hope they do better with this. It looks cool, but the creatures also look slightly lame. Hope not.

[quote]SSC wrote:
deanosumo wrote:
It could be a good drug movie.

I like where your head’s at. I was thinking the same thing.[/quote]

x2

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I always fear Hollywood’s take on classics. However, this one looks like a winner.[/quote]

Didn’t they make it a broadway fagical, I mean musical?

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
I am still wary from the Jim Carey Grinch fiasco. [/quote]

Is Jim Carey involved? Why won’t he go away? That Grinch movie was the worst piece of shite.

[quote]sen say wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:
I am still wary from the Jim Carey Grinch fiasco.

Is Jim Carey involved? Why won’t he go away? That Grinch movie was the worst piece of shite.

[/quote]

Nah, I was just referencing another hollywood butchering of a classic kids story. Jim Carey really went downhill after “In Living Color”.

That… and remember the Flintstones movie? C’mon! Rosie O’Donnel as Betty? Rick Moranis as Barney? WTF!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
That… and remember the Flintstones movie? C’mon! Rosie O’Donnel as Betty? Rick Moranis as Barney? WTF![/quote]

ROFL…Rosie should of been Fred.

i loved this book when i was a kid

i hope they don’t ruin it

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
sen say wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:

Nah, I was just referencing another hollywood butchering of a classic kids story. Jim Carey really went downhill after “In Living Color”.[/quote]

Really? Dumb and Dumber? Me, Myself, and Irene? Liar Liar? Those are the ones off the top of my head and they were great.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
sen say wrote:
HG Thrower wrote:

Nah, I was just referencing another hollywood butchering of a classic kids story. Jim Carey really went downhill after “In Living Color”.[/quote]

Ahh…got it.

He was in some vampire movie right before In Living Color that was pretty good. It was a comedy vampire movie.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
ROFL…Rosie should of been Fred.[/quote]

Ha…that’s funny.

How many lesbian snatches must Rosie be in to have a fucking career? I’m pretty sure Penny Marshall’s was an early one…typing this is making me sick.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I dunno … maybe the movie’ll be cool; but honestly, the book ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. [/quote]

Dude, you’re not all you’re cracked up to be. That is one of the top 10 books of all time, all genres included. If I were your mother, I would send you to your room without any supper.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I dunno … maybe the movie’ll be cool; but honestly, the book ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Dude, you’re not all you’re cracked up to be. That is one of the top 10 books of all time, all genres included. If I were your mother, I would send you to your room without any supper.

DB[/quote]

HA ! I’m going to starta Most Ironic Person on T-Nation and nominate you.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I dunno … maybe the movie’ll be cool; but honestly, the book ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. [/quote]

Gee, if you are reading it NOW, it may not be. For the average kid who read it way back then under the age of 10 it was great.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Gee, if you are reading it NOW, it may not be. For the average kid who read it way back then under the age of 10 it was great.[/quote]

Hey…how’s about a “Latiest Arrival To Teh Party On T-Nation” thread?

No fucking way! that book is with out a doubt the best book of my childhood, and still brings back warm and fuzzy memories for me. Hell I even played Max in my kindergarten play… that’s right I was a little player, all the chicks dug me.

I will probably go see this the day it comes out.

The film Labyrinth with david bowie in was influenced by that book and was supposed to be like it.

Labyrinth kicked ass.