Where Shall I Start?

Christian et al

I’m a 5’5", 166lb lady with 30% body fat (done with calipers). I’m looking to be in better shape, be strong, fit and most important look good naked and for my wedding in October 2016. I started working out in 2013 with a trainer twice a week at home and he had me doing crossfit type workouts minus the Oly lifts.

A lot of running, which just gave me IT band problems and not much for results. I’m on my own now, I don’t go to a gym or rec. I own a treadmill, barbell with about 300lbs of weight, small squat rack,medicine ball, set of 3 kettlebells, pull up bar w/assistance band,jump box and set of dumbells. My biggest problem I suppose is information overload as to workout programs and nutrition. Plus, a lot of sites geared for women are quite frankly,lame.

I don’t care about the apple cider cleanse, lots of cardio or “5 butt workouts to make your boyfriend want you”. I also am not on the other spectrum of trying to be a powerlifter. I need help. I’d like to lose the extra padding and exchange it for muscle and some clear guidance about how/what to eat.

To make it more complicated, I also have Hashimoto Hypothyroidism. I do take 50mcg of levothyroxine daily, but am still symptomatic and find it extra hard to lose fat.

Will you teach me your ways? (Tenacious D reference)

Anything helps.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Natasha

You can’t go wrong following these articles from CT.

Training:

Diet+Supplementation:

The best thing you can do is stop reading about it for a little while. Just follow CT’s words on these subject and you’ll be fine.

Thank you for the links. Very informative. 30g of carbs?! There’s 38g in my Plazma supp and other than that I’ve already cut out most dietary carbs. Shoot, am I going to have to cut out my pre and intra workout nutrition? Back to the drawing board…

Thank you again!

Do you can perform basic strenght exercis?

[quote]Tash-Yo wrote:
Thank you for the links. Very informative. 30g of carbs?! There’s 38g in my Plazma supp and other than that I’ve already cut out most dietary carbs. Shoot, am I going to have to cut out my pre and intra workout nutrition? Back to the drawing board…

Thank you again! [/quote]

Refined Physique Transformation, I would not recommend. Much has changed since then. We didn’t have PLAZMA back then and I used to believe that low carbs was optimal for physique transformation. I don’t believe that anymore.

I recommend never cutting out peri-workout nutrition regardless of how severe you diet. Your pre-intra workout nutrition allows you to train harder and perform better which will help make you leaner and keep/build muscle.

[quote]Akidara wrote:
Do you can perform basic strenght exercis? [/quote]

Do I or can I? Yes. I started CT’s Hard Body for Women program last week and am enjoying it. My biggest issue is nutrition and impatience. Plus with my thyroid issue I feel like it’s working against me. So moreover I’d like some help with figuring out how to eat for muscle gain/fat loss with my thyroid.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Tash-Yo wrote:

Thank you again! [/quote]

Refined Physique Transformation, I would not recommend. Much has changed since then. We didn’t have PLAZMA back then and I used to believe that low carbs was optimal for physique transformation. I don’t believe that anymore.

I recommend never cutting out peri-workout nutrition regardless of how severe you diet. Your pre-intra workout nutrition allows you to train harder and perform better which will help make you leaner and keep/build muscle.[/quote]

That’s a relief!

CT, I was reading about Pulse Feast plan yesterday and thought about trying it. I’m one who has a hard time eating breakfast right away and eating my calorie allotment. I tend to undereat. I’ve been tracking my cals and macros. I’m averaging 1400 kcal and about 120g carb, 110g protein and 50g fat daily. With my body comp and goals, is it recommendable to try the Pulse Feast or just stick to a lower carb diet and try to actually eat the recommended 1800 kcals per day?

Also, is Hard Body a good program for my goals?

Thank you,
Natasha

Well i can’t really help you regarding your nutrion, I just wanted to say that you maybe get an online coach, who can give you a nutrion plan!
Hard Body for woman by ct should be a good starting point for your goal. Here on the forum is also a thread where ct outlines what you can do after it.

Thanks. I did see the follow up to hard body.

I figured there’s no harm in trying Pulse Feast, if it doesn’t work then so be it.

Thank you for your input.