Where I'm At

How much weight would you say until I look normal?

Just for curiosity, how much would you think I weigh?

-Also, reason for this look in open field, no shirt, was my first cross country race.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
How much weight would you say until I look normal?

Just for curiosity, how much would you think I weigh?

-Also, reason for this look in open field, no shirt, was my first cross country race. [/quote]

If you’re running cross country, that’s really more-or-less how you’re supposed to look. That is, of course, if you are dedicated to cross-country or doing it just to do it, which could be the case since you stated that was your first race.

I’d say you weigh in the 140 range. If you want to look “normal” as you say, I’d say you’d have to gain 10-20 lbs. depending on your height.

You have supplied no stats though, so it is hard to comment.

Maybe come back with some stats and get a better response, do not patronize us through these guessing games.

you look like you’re 140lbs. and you need about 40 more lbs to look normal.

5’ 11"

Just hit 132lbs recently, or around there, haven’t been able to weigh myself in the morning on an empty stomach

5’ 11"

Just hit 132lbs recently, or around there, haven’t been able to weigh myself in the morning on an empty stomach[/quote]

Did you hit 132 on the way up or on the way down? If you are going to run XC you could still gain another 20lbs or so without worrying about the extra bulk. However, most people here don’t view the typical runner’s body as normal, so I would shoot for a minimum of 175-180 lbs just to look athletic, and then take it from there.

Hit 132 going up, I was at 123 but that is such a tiny weight that I could only eat 2,000 or so and anymore I put weight on. At least with this I can eat semi-normal (still have to watch what I eat to prevent a lot of fat that would happen if I ate like my friends who are skinny but with 20+ lbs on me)

Hit 132 going up, I was at 123 but that is such a tiny weight that I could only eat 2,000 or so and anymore I put weight on. At least with this I can eat semi-normal (still have to watch what I eat to prevent a lot of fat that would happen if I ate like my friends who are skinny but with 20+ lbs on me)[/quote]

First off–you look normal. You are thin–very thin, but words like normal are not appropriate here.

Why are you concerned with ‘fat’ gain? I really don’t understand your post. And 2000 cals is barely enough to survive. You’re depriving your body of so many things at such a crucial developmental age that it really bothers me. Please pm me and lets take a look at your goals and ways to reach them. You could easily weigh 30 more lbs and be just as effective XC runner as now. Maybe the added strength would be a plus.

Post your goals on here if you wish. Post a sampling of your training. We can make you healthier and better at those things you want to achieve.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
friedrice683 wrote:
Hit 132 going up, I was at 123 but that is such a tiny weight that I could only eat 2,000 or so and anymore I put weight on. At least with this I can eat semi-normal (still have to watch what I eat to prevent a lot of fat that would happen if I ate like my friends who are skinny but with 20+ lbs on me)

First off–you look normal. You are thin–very thin, but words like normal are not appropriate here.

Why are you concerned with ‘fat’ gain? I really don’t understand your post. And 2000 cals is barely enough to survive. You’re depriving your body of so many things at such a crucial developmental age that it really bothers me. Please pm me and lets take a look at your goals and ways to reach them. You could easily weigh 30 more lbs and be just as effective XC runner as now. Maybe the added strength would be a plus.

Post your goals on here if you wish. Post a sampling of your training. We can make you healthier and better at those things you want to achieve.[/quote]

I’ve talked with him through pm’s. This guy SERIOUSLY NEEDS PROFESSIONAL HELP. He either neeeds to get that or learn to affect change in himself. He thinks he is fat and “abnormal”.

Then, every once in a while, he thinks he’s thin…so he eats more…then he feels fat…so he stops eating…then he feels skinny…then he goes to the cafeteria and eats a waffle and some eggs and thinks he is “binging”.

I have stopped responding to him because it is a circular argument. You will never get to the end of it.

Tell everything you told X to your parents.

You are skinny and where you are at is a dangerous psychological state with respect to food and fat.

Every few days you post again about how afraid you are of getting fat… you have a fear of putting on weight and you have an inability to tell the differences between weight and fat.

GET SOME HELP!

Post Stats.

Stats = AGE, height, and weight.

You’re 2 for 3. Go for the gold.

I think you look 129.349877 pounds, tubby. You are fat! I recommend bulimia.

PS when I ran cross country we wore tank-tops.

Weight: 130ish now
Height: 5’ 10.5"

Please don’t joke about me being tubby man…I have to battle my anorexic mind about this shit everyday and am still losing it psychologically wise, at least I am winning physically lately.

Hit 132 going up, I was at 123 but that is such a tiny weight that I could only eat 2,000 or so and anymore I put weight on. At least with this I can eat semi-normal (still have to watch what I eat to prevent a lot of fat that would happen if I ate like my friends who are skinny but with 20+ lbs on me)[/quote]

how many muthaluvin threads about weight and bodyfat must you start? disclaimer to those about to post a response, don’t. i know, i just wasted one myself, but you get the idea.

[quote]vroom wrote:

GET SOME HELP![/quote]

Enough said above

For your age, you are not that far from “normal weight”. I’m sure there are plenty of kids in your grade about the same size as you, yeah? So just relax, don’t stress out, keep eating and you will put on size.

At some point you will have to make a decision whether you want to look “normal” or be a lean-ass runner bastard. Why not make it now and get it over with? My recommendation: ditch the running, or just eat normally and run anyways.

Are you seeking professional help? It seems like you know you have a problem. This kind of problem kills people…

Please don’t joke about me being tubby man…I have to battle my anorexic mind about this shit everyday and am still losing it psychologically wise, at least I am winning physically lately. [/quote]

I thought for sure you told me you were older than this previously. You mentioned a doctor “on campus” before. You are still in high school?

I believe he did say he was 15 and attends a boarding school.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
friedrice683 wrote:

Please don’t joke about me being tubby man…I have to battle my anorexic mind about this shit everyday and am still losing it psychologically wise, at least I am winning physically lately.

I thought for sure you told me you were older than this previously. You mentioned a doctor “on campus” before. You are still in high school?[/quote]

You’re still saying the same things as before. Has nothing changed? If you don’t get to work on your MIND your body is going to continue to yo-yo up and down and you will mess up your metabolism and never be happy with yourself.

You need to set some goals. Write them down. What weight do you want to be? By what date can you reasonably expect to achieve this goal? Write that down too. Create a detailed mental image of yourself as you would like to appear and hold it in your mind, especially as you go to sleep at night and when you wake in the morning.

Read some books about goal setting. Find models for yourself who have achieved what you want to achieve and study them. What did they do? Do your actions match their actions? If not, what are you doing RIGHT NOW to change that?

I am not ruling out that you need professional help, but you need to start with yourself. Stop going in circles with your thinking. It will sabotage your efforts every time. COMMIT to whatever goal you set and DO NOT second guess.

And, btw, I used to think that I was gaining too much fat, too. It is all in your head. It is seriously, seriously all in your head. With the amound of activity your are engaged in, coupled with your age, there is no freaking way you are going to get anywhere near tubby.