Where I Struggle

Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice on something. To start I will fill you in with my situation:

I am a sophomore in college. In high school I was very fit. My freshman year of college I put on a shitload of weight from all the beer and not working out (I lost track of everything). Fall quarter of this year I was still kinda the same guy as freshman year.

What got me going again was working for UPS over our extended winter break. I had to run everyday and sweat my balls off and I actually lost 20lbs in a 5 week period. Winter quarter of this year was when I got back into lifting bigtime again.

As of today I am back to my high school physique and even better. I am much more muscular and tons stronger. I eat extremely healthy and conservative (I will fill you in on my diet further down). I am in total control of my diet and hunger cravings (took awhile but i finally did it)

I have kinda been cutting and packing muscle on at the same time, and it has worked!! I get comments from people who dont see me often like “hey skinnyman” and “you gained a ton of muscle since i last saw you”.

So I am an overall fit kid but I am not happy with my midsection. My upper body is looking great (huge shoulders, real defined arms,etc) and my lower body is looking good too. My top two abs are visible when flexed. I do have a semi bad case of love handles I would like to totally remove and a gut that i wouldnt call little or big, its just kinda unappealing.

Height: 6’
Weight: 184 lbs
Athletic Physique

Workout: 6 days a week weights and cardio

My cardio: Either stationary bike or stairmaster stepmill for 25 min.

Rotation:
Day - Chest and Shoulders
Day - Arms/ Abs
Day - Legs and Back
Day - Anything I missed and abs
Start rotation over (not always in same order)

Supplements I am using:

• Mulitvitamin
  • N.O. Xplode (preworkout)
  • Cell Mass (taken right after last rep and before bed)
  • 100% Whey Protein (30 min after cell mass after workout)
  • CLA (figure it cant hurt in leaning me out)

My Diet (on a typical day):
-Granola bar for breakfast (CLA + Multivitamin)

• MRP bar for lunch (CLA)
  • Workout at 3 (NO, Cellmass, Protein)
  • Salad, Flax Crunch, Rice and grilled chicken (CLA)
  • Protein shake around 7 or 8
  • MRP bar around 11pm
  • Cell mass right before bed

When I go through my day I realize I dont eat that much. After eating healthy and working out really hard I lost weight in lots of noticable places (face, upper body and i had to tighten my belt by 4 slots)

• This weak core I have that is really stressing me out because I am so close to what I wanted when I started back up. I have considered taking a fat burner such as lipo and HOT-ROX just to aid in that one spot I cant seem to fix.

• I am in college so i do drink beer but I have cut my consumption by more than half. I do not drink on the weekdays or sunday. I drink on friday and saturday and only drink beer. I usually only drink about 6 or 7. (Tell me if this still sucks…)

• I feel real jacked just wearing a t-shirt or cut-off but when it comes down to taking my shirt off I dont feel good anymore. If someone could give me advice on how to fix this problem that would be very appreciated. Be open minded and give me anything (excercises, advice on fat burners…whatever)

Thanks

Your diet sucks. Get at least 40 grams of protein with each meal.

You’re also wasting your money on those supplements. From my experience you should just stick to protein and a multi vitamin. Particularly at your stage in training.

If it’s a jacked look you want, you are going to have to pay for it. Stop waiting on it and do it. It probably means you have to add more muscle mass, which you are NOT going to accomplish with that diet.

Obviously completely cutting out the alcohol would be a huge PLUS but i understand your in college, but if your serious about wanting to change, start with cutting out the alcohol…and your diet sucks… your eating bars and shakes and a salad??? pretty useless, no whole foods at all…try something like this…

Breakfast - 4 eggs 2 slices of bacon OR a bowl of oatmeal with a granola bar
Mid Morning - protein bar or shake
Lunch - Chicken breast with a salad or a steak, or tuna
Mid Afternoon Pre workout - Protein bar or a light snack, maybe cottage cheese with some fruit or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Dinner post workout - EAT BIG! Steak with brown rice, chicken with brown rice and a protein shake

Thats just an idea, but your diet isnt good at all, your have ZERO whole foods and thats killling you…

id cut out on the NO XPLODE and the Cell Mass, id just use Creatine Monohydrate incorporated with my protein shakes, both of those supps have soo much extra shit you dont need and its wayyyy to expensive, but thats my 2 cents on those supps…

get some Surge for post workout and use the Whey protein throughout your day to sip on…while ur in class and suff, thats what i do…Optimum Nutriion makes the Gold Standard 100% Whey protein and it mixes great with water, ill take that to class with me in a water bottle and sip on it throughout the day…

a fat burner may help you out, such as a HOT-ROX but thats something you need to do some research on and see if it works for you…do you drink enough water? a gallon a day or so??

thats my 2 cents, ill keep checkin back on this and see if i can help u out at all…good luck bro, hope this helped a little bit

Whole foods…sounds good. I guess I was just afraid that I had shed these unwated lbs. that I would put them back on.

I am a sophomore so i still am limited to the cafeteria food (which blows big time) but I will def. check to see if they ever have chicken or steak.

I have looked into the HOT-ROX and I do consume around a gallon of water per day. I was wondering if fat burners go well with protein/creatine or if I would have to start changing my supplements?

[quote]Mach10 wrote:
Whole foods…sounds good. I guess I was just afraid that I had shed these unwated lbs. that I would put them back on.

I am a sophomore so i still am limited to the cafeteria food (which blows big time) but I will def. check to see if they ever have chicken or steak.

I have looked into the HOT-ROX and I do consume around a gallon of water per day. I was wondering if fat burners go well with protein/creatine or if I would have to start changing my supplements?[/quote]

your limiting yourself to the cafeteria foods, go and buy a Foreman grill, i use it all the time and grill everything from steaks to chicken to vegetables…im sure you have a place in your dorming area where you can cook,if you say no, your lying i think…they are about 20 bucks and its worth it…

and fat burners go fine with creatine and protein…i think you need to do some more searching around this site and it may help you clean up your diet greatly and help you choosing your supps…hpe this helped