Where Has All The Hair Gone?

[quote]Sabrina wrote:
I fucking love a hairy man. I like it neat in the fun zone 'cause I hate to be interrupted by a crisp one when I am busy worshipping. Other than that I love it, it’s just so…manly. I think I would cry if my guy shaved his chest. [/quote]

That’s IT! Argentina, Here I Come (;-)!!

[quote]fireplug52 wrote:
I beleive that for most people it is simply genetics. I am almost hairless on my upper body, but my legs have a ton of hair. I look like pan with my shirt off and shorts.

-Fireplug[/quote]

Hilarious.

I’ve never talked to a woman who liked a guy without chest hair.

Stomach hair is a different issue.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I’ve never talked to a woman who liked a guy without chest hair.[/quote]

You’ve obviously never met a woman who has been to a male strip club. I seriously doubt it is that much of an issue to most women unless it is a debate about truly shaving the area and the guy looks like a pussy. I have never heard, “I wish you had more chest hair”.

ok this HAS to stop. There has been a marked increase in dandy foppishness in the western world of late, and no good will come of it I tells ya. First it’s chest shaving, then it’s manbags, next it will be hand creams and eyebrow tweasing. Next thing you know you go to take a piss after a beer and there’s a fifteen minute queue while a gaggle of blokes stand in front of the mirror reapplying bronzer and lip gloss.

Stop it, stop it now.

If you want to maximise your appeal to the ladies then just get them drunk - fucking easy! If that doesn’t work then buy a fucking porsche or become an airline pilot.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How hairy you are isn’t just based on testosterone. It is based on genetics…Everyone wasn’t born a gorilla.
[/quote]

I WAS!!!

It sucks. It serves no purpose. It’s disgusting to me to be so freakin’ hairy. Thus, the reason I shave or trim my body. Otherwise, I’d go by my nickname from high school (Monkey).

I’ve always been a rather hirsute fellow.

In junior high gym class I found out that not every seventh-grader has chest and pubic hair. Nor is it considered normal for a high school freshman to be able to grow a full beard.

As I traveled, I found that my hairiness was a great icebreaker throughout East and Southeast Asia, where people would stare at (Japan, Korea) and touch (Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines) my arms and chest, unable to believe that a person could sport that much fur and not be considered an orangutan.

Granted, it has not always worked to my advantage. Some women are not particulary aroused by the thought of their naked breasts rubbing up against my sweaty, hairy body, while others…[quote]

Sabrina wrote:
I fucking love a hairy man. [/quote]

…are.

:slight_smile:

allNatural wrote:
If I’m not mistaken, the reason men have chest hair is because of testosterone. I don’t know why grown men want to shave it off. For girls? I don’t want to have the skin of a 12 yr old boy. And I don’t want a girl who wants her man to shave his chest or nuts or whatever anyway. But to each his own.

How hairy you are isn’t just based on testosterone. It is based on genetics. I have very little body hair. It isn’t because I don’t have enough testosterone. No one in my family is that hairy and, from what I’ve seen, many black men aren’t. You would have to be standing right next to me to see any chest hair even though my facial hair grows extremely fast. I have almost no leg hair at all and that is just the way things are. Everyone wasn’t born a gorilla.
[/quote]

I think that’s partially correct. I was looking at Chest hair - Wikipedia and it looks like it may be genetics that determine where your androgenic hair will grow, it is the testosterone that will activate this growth in males. I know wikipedia isn’t a scientific source but I trust it in this case.

Here’s some quotes from the link:

“the term chest hair is generally restricted to the terminal hair that develops as an effect of rising levels of androgens (primarily testosterone and its derivatives) due to puberty.”

“The individual occurrence and characteristic of chest hair depend on the genetic disposition, the hormonal status and the age of the person.”

“It can also start later, between the age of 20 and 30, so that many men in their twenties have not yet reached their full chest hair development.”

[quote]Big Dan wrote:

“The individual occurrence and characteristic of chest hair depend on the genetic disposition, the hormonal status and the age of the person.”[/quote]

It’s also the case that taking androgenic or anabolic steroids will cause increased body and facial hair growth, so yes, I’d say that testosterone is a big factor.

However, as Professor X pointed out, some races are more predisposed toward hairiness than others. Whereas blacks tend to have higher testosterone levels than whites, Asians and Hispanics, (Ross et al., 1986), whites tend to be the hairiest of the bunch.

Particulary us short, bald types. Right, Nate? :stuck_out_tongue:

I shave my chest and stomach hair every damn week. I think it grows about as fast as my facial hair. I’d probally have a beard growing from under my shirts if I didn’t shave it. You guys who are calling me queer for shaving aren’t the really hairy guys. Like I’d have a freakig family of birds living between my legs if I didn’t take care of that.

What makes me more curious is how many people get an anal beard if they don’t take care of thier posteriors.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Big Dan wrote:

“The individual occurrence and characteristic of chest hair depend on the genetic disposition, the hormonal status and the age of the person.”

It’s also the case that taking androgenic or anabolic steroids will cause increased body and facial hair growth, so yes, I’d say that testosterone is a big factor.

However, as Professor X pointed out, some races are more predisposed toward hairiness than others. Whereas blacks tend to have higher testosterone levels than whites, Asians and Hispanics, (Ross et al., 1986), whites tend to be the hairiest of the bunch.

Particulary us short, bald types. Right, Nate? :P[/quote]

You don’t even know. I make you look like a hairless ape. I should find some pics of me where I didn’t trim my arms and legs so you can see the forest I have going on. It goes from my toes all the way up to my chest like a fur suit.

I don’t have any pics of my chest hair being fully grown because I’ve been trimming/shaving it since I was 20!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:

You don’t even know. I make you look like a hairless ape. I should find some pics of me where I didn’t trim my arms and legs so you can see the forest I have going on. It goes from my toes all the way up to my chest like a fur suit.

I don’t have any pics of my chest hair being fully grown because I’ve been trimming/shaving it since I was 20!

[/quote]

What is this, the body hair equivalent of a pissing contest?

Don’t judge a man by his avatar, sonny. That pic was me after the razor and trimmer did its work, leaving just enough to keep a certain someone from crying.

If I let it go, even Robin Williams and Sean Connery look askance at me and say, “damn, you’re hairy!”

Hairy Chest = Good

Hairy Back = Gross

doogie wrote:
I’ve never talked to a woman who liked a guy without chest hair.

You’ve obviously never met a woman who has been to a male strip club. I seriously doubt it is that much of an issue to most women unless it is a debate about truly shaving the area and the guy looks like a pussy. I have never heard, “I wish you had more chest hair”.[/quote]

i love it when my girlfriend is stroking her hand through my hair and saying she loves that, oh wait, thats not on my chest, its my head.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Hairy Chest = Good

Hairy Back = Gross[/quote]

I hate having the hairy chest, but it is what it is.

At least it ends at the chest and doesn’t continue…back hair does fucking suck I bet.

Long time passing?

[quote]most people with blond hair dont have much bodyhair at all or u cant see it because its so light.

Peace

K of K[/quote]

Nah, im blonde and my arm hair is brown, but me chest hair is black. and every now and then i see the occasional black arm hair too. and im hairy as fuck as well, and yes it does suck when you have no other friends that have chest hair

at least some of you dudes have a good solid even ammount of it - I’ve got a goofy patch right in the middle of my chest, and my nipples are hairy. …could be worse though, I could be like my pop and JUST have hairy nipples.

shudder

my face on the other hand… full beard in 5 days, just under the eyeballs down to the adam’s apple. sheesh.

For hairy dudes looking for inspiration, check this out…

I have blonde hair on my head, my beard grows pale red, my chest hair is black and my arm and leg hair seem a mostly deep-brown.

I look pretty fucked up if I don’t shave/trim.