Where Do You Train? What Discipline?

Started out with karate like most, judo, then had a look at tai chi and kung fu for a while. Boxing for a good while. Moved on to sambo then systema. Got into a whole bunch of fights in and out of school. Was in fact expelled from kindergarten for it. Got thrown off of the rugby team for it. Worked as a bouncer for a while too. Finally calmed down now as I’m getting a little more grown up.

Someone brought it up the other day and I just realised I have been training and fighting for 20 years now. Not saying this means anything, it was just a weird feeling to look at it like that.

Felling warriors ABA club (boxing)

Before that it was an EBF club I had one fight for and left (not naming them)

I used to do shukokai under sensi Yates (not Dorian lol) but don’t have time these days.

We have a great BJJ and MT clubs in the warriors gym but I haven really got the time ATM.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Kaiser roll - what did I win?

wrestling indeed burned me out
but it didnt eat me up

mail my UG t-shirt to me please.[/quote]

congrats you get Fedor’s warmup t-shirt

http://www.mmacollector.com/moreinfo.html?rec=FEDORSHIRT

or maybe Mark Coleman’s gloves from PRIDE GP 2000

http://www.mmacollector.com/moreinfo.html?rec=MCGP2000GLOVES

Judo/Bjj/ boxe Francaise(French Kickboxing) 15 years combined

Karate, 2 years

Krav Maga, 3 years

Kickboxing, 1 year

MMA… 1 year?

3 years Chayon-ryu, now just over 4 years Krav Maga. I’ll be 46 in a few weeks, so I started very late. Was never athletic in my life before age 39, I was too nerdy.

About a year & a half of BJJ, as we have a great instructor at the Krav studio - just stepped on the BJJ mat for a bit last night for the first time in over a year. I spend so much time punching people in the balls that the patience and cleverness of BJJ can be really refreshing.

Here goes:

• TKD for about 1 year when I was 14-15 years, too much kicking for my liking so I started also boxing
  • boxing about 2 years from 15 to 17, not competing
  • kickboxing about 6 years from 17/18 to 23, not competing
  • boxing again for about 1 year in different town

then total break from MA for about 12 years, fuck, I really regret this time period

• started training hokutoruy jiu jitsu 1,5 years ago at age of 39, yes I’m old too
  • started training BBJ 1 year ago

I’m really glad I started training MA again. But I’m also really sad, that I lost the ball for so long, when I was at my best age. Sorry gyus, had to write this shit down, so I’d never stop training again.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Judo/Bjj/ boxe Francaise(French Kickboxing) 15 years combined

Karate, 2 years

Krav Maga, 3 years

Kickboxing, 1 year

MMA… 1 year?
[/quote]

I would love to roll with you on the mat.

I agree with the American Psycho.

Did a few years of TKD as a kid.

I’m now 27 and I’ve been training at Rabadi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai in Austin, TX for about a year and a half. Love my school and both martial arts with a passion, hope to get my blue belt and my first ammy fight next year possibly.

Wrestled in high school.

Started boxing after high school.

Dabbled in muay thai and jiu jitsu later on.

My stand up game is one of my strong points.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
I agree with the American Psycho.[/quote]

The one and only American Psycho baby!

Don’t want to derail the thread but…

was I the only one who didn’t get the ending?

4 years at NY combat sambo.

Shorin Ryu karate around age 13
Boxing at 18
Kickboxing/BJJ at 19
Lived in MI for a few months and trained with some really good judo/wrestling guys
Competed in gi/no gi grappling tournaments, amateur boxing/kickboxing/MMA, won some, lost some

I should be a lot better than I am considering the time I’ve put in and quality of training partners. Very underwhelming record in the ring and still a blue belt after 9 years of BJJ lol

Boxing, first street gym in Los Angeles about 8 to 13.
the little known Venezuelan jiu jitsu from old enough to rough house to 18
US Army radio operator school, strangling with mike cables mostly.
Hapkido for about 5 years in Oakland
muay thai from 1990 , off and on

Started training Muay Thai in Thailand at Sitpholek gym in 2007. Been back and forth between England and Thailand since then, training at various gyms (Sitoydtong, ISS gym) but settled at Tiger Muay Thai and been there since 2008. Occasionally go to Bangkok to train with friends at Sitkuanim or FA Group gym. Right now I’m back in England rehabbing an injury and teaching a bit.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:
Don’t want to derail the thread but…

was I the only one who didn’t get the ending?

[/quote]

Didn’t make any sense to me … now it’s gonna be bugging me today grrr.

Wrestled in HS, played judo while at school (Tulane U, Washington Judo Club) along with some other clubs in NJ after school. Switched to BJJ and trained @ edson’s and renzo’s. Would love to take up some MT but work/gf/bjj/gym don’t leave much time =(

Was in boxing for 10+ years
Bjj for 5-6 yrs. 2 years during that time under Ceasar Gracie.
Sport Sambo for 3 years.
Wrestled in high school.
Now just practice heavy bag alot with alot of Pummeling thrown in.

Did alot of street fighting then grew up haha

Now I train at Gracie JJ of West Monroe, La. (Pedro Sauer)

I Work in Rio so I have been lucky to train at Gracie Barra, Nova Uniao

Trained in Vegas at Wanderli silvas, R.Couture’s gym

Seminars with Royce, Rickson, Ralek,Kron Gracie

Always looking for more