Where Do You Buy Ammo?

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
A gun is nothing without ammo. Obviously. Unfortunately it can be expensive or unavailable. Where do you purchase yours? Do you buy the fancy stuff or go cheap? Bulk or buy the box?[/quote]

There was a great deal at Dick’s the other day. I am not finding availability a problem anymore.
Online is way more expensive than brick and mortar I have found.

I buy decent plinking stuff, a few boxes of high grade for self defense and a little to practice with.[/quote]

The only caliber I have issues finding now is .45. I have found online dealers being more expensive than expected also. However, I feel it is much easier to buy in bulk online. A lot of places where i’m at have a limit on how much you can purchase at a time. One good site is thesportsmanguide.com. Pretty fair pricing and all orders over $150 can be paid in 4 monthly installments. [/quote]

Well, I can’t say I am having trouble finding anything anymore. It was really dry for a while, but now I can get whatever I want. I got this cool Emcon subsonic 9 mm 147 grain, it sounds like you have a suppressor on the gun when you fire it.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
A gun is nothing without ammo. Obviously. Unfortunately it can be expensive or unavailable. Where do you purchase yours? Do you buy the fancy stuff or go cheap? Bulk or buy the box?[/quote]

There was a great deal at Dick’s the other day. I am not finding availability a problem anymore.

I buy decent plinking stuff, a few boxes of high grade for self defense and a little to practice with.[/quote]

The only caliber I have issues finding now is .45. I have found online dealers being more expensive than expected also. However, I feel it is much easier to buy in bulk online. A lot of places where i’m at have a limit on how much you can purchase at a time. One good site is thesportsmanguide.com. Pretty fair pricing and all orders over $150 can be paid in 4 monthly installments. [/quote]

Yeah, they always have really easy people to deal with as well. I have several things from them and service was great every time.

Edit: Should add that I did pay the fee for the buyers club card, ordered enough between sportsmanguide, workwearsavings, and truckmonkey that it made it worth it. [/quote]

I did too, but if I remember correctly if you pay for the club card you get free shipping on your first order so it pretty much evened out.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Well, I can’t say I am having trouble finding anything anymore. It was really dry for a while, but now I can get whatever I want. I got this cool Emcon subsonic 9 mm 147 grain, it sounds like you have a suppressor on the gun when you fire it. [/quote]

Must be nice. If I don’t go to the store on the day they get their shipment the .45 is completely gone. They usually have some hollow points left over but at a price im not willing to pay for target practice.

Walmarts are really hit or miss. The people who work the sporting goods department at the one closest to me don’t seem to know much about anything and never have much of anything in stock. They claim that they have no control over what they get or when, but in a city close by they always seem to have everything in stock and the guys there know what you’re talking about.

The only thing I still have a hard time buying these days is .22lr. It gets bought out as soon as it hits the self in most stores. The other stores gouge you so fuck them. If you order online you’re limited to one or two boxes and they rape you on shipping. Lately I’ve got some good deals on bulk .308 with free shipping, you just have to pick a few websites and keep an eye on them. Sign up for spam and be patient for the occasional free shipping this weekend only. Of course the free shipping this weekend only is never on the weekend they actually have .22lr in stock.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Oh yeah, Dick’s seems to have just about everything. There prices aren’t great but there far from the worst. Getting the pimple faced kid to ever wait on you is the problem.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Oh yeah, Dick’s seems to have just about everything. There prices aren’t great but there far from the worst. Getting the pimple faced kid to ever wait on you is the problem.[/quote]

They had a GREAT sale on Remington ball ammo not to long ago. I got as much as I could. Ordinarily I wouldn’t buy from them, but their prices were the cheapest I have seen in a while. $19.95 for a box of 50 for .45 ACP? I haven’t seen it that cheap anywhere around here.

random deals but worth adding to fav’s…

http://www.slickguns.com/

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
random deals but worth adding to fav’s…

http://www.slickguns.com/[/quote]

They have a pretty good deal on that 0-pap ak

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

Oh yeah, Dick’s seems to have just about everything. There prices aren’t great but there far from the worst. Getting the pimple faced kid to ever wait on you is the problem.[/quote]

They had a GREAT sale on Remington ball ammo not to long ago. I got as much as I could. Ordinarily I wouldn’t buy from them, but their prices were the cheapest I have seen in a while. $19.95 for a box of 50 for .45 ACP? I haven’t seen it that cheap anywhere around here.[/quote]

Damn that’s as good as I’ve seen that. A box of Winchester .45 where i’m at gets as high as $36/box, never lower than $27.

I use choice ammunition, great shipping time and great range ammo from my experience.

I just wait on Scheel’s to run a sale, which they do all the time, and stock up.

My “trick” is to use their Visa card, pay it off immediately, and earn store gift cards. We have their black Premier card which is 5x points per dollar spent at Scheel’s (1.5 points on all other purchases). Then wait on them to do a cardmember sale where we get 7x points. In short, we earn $100 to $125 per month in gift cards, save them up, then usually spend them on ammo. (Except for these last few months, where Dani is saving the cards for an optic.)

You also get a $70 gift card when you qualify for the card and there’s no annual fee. Anyway, you can “work the card” and get some pretty good ammo deals.

A friend of mine is an arms dealer, not to be confused with a gun shop owner. He gets ridiculous pricing on everything from firearms themselves to accessories and especially ammunition.

A few of us buy through him by the pallet. If I need an oddball round that I can’t get enough of a buy-in to share, and wouldn’t need multiple cases anyways (like .357 or 45-70 for example) I’ll just use lucky gunner, cheaper than dirt or any other website carrying what I need.

gunbot.net

gun.deals

I peruse them both daily.

Where ever ammo seeks says is cheapest

1 Like