Where Do I Pick Up My Depends and Geratol?

'round these parts we pass on the depends and geritol and substitute testosterone replacement and arimidex

[quote]hel320 wrote:
35?!! Ok, a few things you need to know. Soon, you’re going to start going through some changes. Your balls will start to grow and drop. You’ll begin getting facial and pubic hair. Your voice will begin to deepen and you’ll start to notice girls (hopefully). You may wake up in the morning and find you’ve had a nocturnal emmission. Don’t be alarmed, these things are natural and we all went through them during puberty.

Depends and Geritol? Get a jock strap, some fish oil, Jack Daniels, crawdads and a good cigar. Then go lift some heavy shit. Bienvenue. [/quote]

Hilarious. I was wondering when all of that stuff would start happening.

Jock strap - I let 'em swing
Fish Oil - check - just started back on it
Jack Daniels - Evan Williams Black - much cheaper and “almost” as good. Like it better than Jim.
Crawdads - never had them but willing to try.
Cigar - I prefer chew but trying to cut that back

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
new2training wrote:

I used to rest the sleeves of the bar on some cinderblocks for floor pressing. I’d get under the bar, press it up and then floor press away.

Dumbbell floor presses are big fun too and even a little easier to get out from under.[/quote]

Thanks for the idea. I have some scrap materials at home I can make something work. I was confused about how they work starting with the bar on the floor. Every pic I found from a quick search show people working starting off of pins on a power rack.

Do you usually use wide grip, close, or normal if using a BB on floor presses? I can try the DB’s as well. This helps with lock out right? Does this usually involve more triceps or chest for most people? It seems like triceps probably. Just curious.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Not to hijack the younguns thread but took a look at Tarzan’s profile. Lookin real good there Greystoke. Yawl might want to check it out for some inspiration.[/quote]

Agree. Tarzan big. King of apes.

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
jjackkrash wrote:
What hel said. Oh, and welcome aboard.

X2. Looking forward to following your progress[/quote]

Thanks J willy. I mostly keep quite around here and listen but I have a few milestones I plan on hitting and when I do, I’ll post them.

Right now, my first strenght goals are:

315 Bench (current 245)
Over 400 Dead (current 305)
Something decent on front squat. My knees give out on me at times so I’ll have to take that as it comes.

I weigh about 215 now and would like to be around a healthy 230 6’0". We’ll see. Just have to put the work in.

Thanks for everyone’s welcome.

Welcome… errr… what’s your name again? Wait, where am I?.. Nurse? NURSE!!!

[quote]morepain wrote:
'round these parts we pass on the depends and geritol and substitute testosterone replacement and arimidex [/quote]

lol, I’ve learned a little about that just from reading the forums. Man, the guys who contribute those threads a real resource.

Morepain - you are a beast and an inspiration.

Where’s my cereal bowl and World’s Fair spoon?

Well, now that you’re almost all growed up, welcome. Just don’t talk too fast. It makes it hard to understand

[quote]mjnewland wrote:

Well, now that you’re almost all growed up, welcome. Just don’t talk too fast. It makes it hard to understand[/quote]

Eh? Tell him to speak up! These youngsters mumble…

Well, now that you’re almost all growed up, welcome. Just don’t talk too fast. It makes it hard to understand

[quote]mjnewland wrote:

Well, now that you’re almost all growed up, welcome. Just don’t talk too fast. It makes it hard to understand[/quote]

LoL!

thanks hel appreciate the kind words.

To the “new guy”, My 20 yr old son thinks this forum is the best on the site, just for the fact that you don’t have as much “pissin on fire hydrants” going on over here. Lot of smart people, who have been thru the wars, that go out of their way to help.

Oh and 35 is young, I didn’t get serious about this stuff till I was 38 and put the beer down.

35? I was an absolute monster at age 35.

Now over 50, and bowel and bladder are the 5th thing to go on me, I forget what the first 4 were though.

And for picking up depends, I use the waist band, and if they’re really loaded, I use fireplace tongs.

BG

The older I get the better I was.

^^^^^ lol! Love the avatar… had to put my damn glasses on to read it though… sigh

Welcome to the happy hunting grounds.

[quote]soldog wrote:

x2 on the craigslist! I found a brand new rack and a bunch of other equipment for less than 1/3 list with no shipping costs because I picked it up locally.

Welcome to the young whippersnapper[/quote]

Heck, sometimes the amount of stuff on craigslist where it is basically free for pick-up is amazing.

My wife subscribes to the thing.

[quote]new2training wrote:
hel320 wrote:
Not to hijack the younguns thread but took a look at Tarzan’s profile. Lookin real good there Greystoke. Yawl might want to check it out for some inspiration.

Agree. Tarzan big. King of apes.[/quote]

Made me smile. Wonder if Tarzan gets enough fish oil. :wink:

[quote]hel320 wrote:
35?!! Ok, a few things you need to know. Soon, you’re going to start going through some changes. Your balls will start to grow and drop. You’ll begin getting facial and pubic hair. Your voice will begin to deepen and you’ll start to notice girls (hopefully). You may wake up in the morning and find you’ve had a nocturnal emmission. Don’t be alarmed, these things are natural and we all went through them during puberty.

Depends and Geritol? Get a jock strap, some fish oil, Jack Daniels, crawdads and a good cigar. Then go lift some heavy shit. Bienvenue. [/quote]

pretty much sums it up. welcome aboard. now go show those cardio-curling young bastages up by doing some squats and deadlifting. but be back by 10, “murder she wrote” is on.

You’ve made a terrible decision. Trust me, I did it too.

–They’ll keep track of you and bitch. About everything.
–They say things like “hey man, get the you-tube.”
–They ALL over head press they’re bodyweight, and you can’t.
–They bitch when you don’t train, and then you feel bad.
–And they sometimes make passes at each other (not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

Welcome, and may God help you.