Where Did All the Stimulus Money Go?

I just saw this video and thought, here is a really important issue that is going to affect this countries competitiveness for generations. So I thought I should throw it out there for us to discuss.

Where did it go?

Why should not first ask, where did it come from?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I just saw this video and thought, here is a really important issue that is going to affect this countries competitiveness for generations. So I thought I should throw it out there for us to discuss. - YouTube [/quote]Try not to throw it so far next time. =]

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I just saw this video and thought, here is a really important issue that is going to affect this countries competitiveness for generations. So I thought I should throw it out there for us to discuss.

[/quote]

does it work now?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Where did it go?

Why should not first ask, where did it come from?[/quote]

Countries not named the United States of America.

CS

Another problem for stimulus spending has been that shovel ready jobs are not shovel ready anymore in todays America. We’ve created so much red tape/ bureaucracy that it can take years to decades for projects to begin. I thought this a nice short article on the lack of shovel ready projects.

“Why Nothing Is Shovel-Ready Anymore”

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/06/27/why-nothing-is-shovel-ready-anymore-2/

[quote]Menthol wrote:
Another problem for stimulus spending has been that shovel ready jobs are not shovel ready anymore in todays America. We’ve created so much red tape/ bureaucracy that it can take years to decades for projects to begin. I thought this a nice short article on the lack of shovel ready projects.

“Why Nothing Is Shovel-Ready Anymore”

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/06/27/why-nothing-is-shovel-ready-anymore-2/
[/quote]

I think the term “shovel ready” implies that all the preliminary hurdles have been cleared and they are ready to start moving dirt and build something. Another thing is there are plenty of infrastructure repair projects that are needed. Fixing something that has already been built doesn’t have the same kinds of hurdles to overcome.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Fixing something that has already been built doesn’t have the same kinds of hurdles to overcome. [/quote]

You would be suprised.
Of course; they could suspend/relax the requirements like they did in New Orleans after Katrina. The only issue is deciding who is going to give up a slice of the pie.