T Nation

Where Can I Get a Tire?

looking for a giant tire, preferably 600-700 pounds as i can deadlift 405 or what tire would be appropriate then? but where would i get one for strongman events, in MA or in general thanks.

any place that sells tires for tractors will likely have used tires that they planned to discard

thank you alot , i know a bunch of klems are around ill have to call them up thanks for the advice

if you wanna take a ride, come to my house and take one off the big ass tractor in my back yard ( i did )

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
if you wanna take a ride, come to my house and take one off the big ass tractor in my back yard ( i did )[/quote]

r u serious about that?
where in jersey? if close by ill be xtremly happy to take that off ur hands

You stole my avatar. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery.

Do a google search for scrap/salvage yards in your area that deal in Big Rigs most likely what your looking for would be on a CAT loader or a Dirt mover, if they don’t already have one off the rim they may charge you like 50 bucks to pull one off for you.

i just went to the closest tire store, the guy knew exactly where to find huge tires. I would suspect thats the same for most places.

this has been good advice, thank you all (sorry for stealing the avatar hha) looks like i will be adding to my strongman tools soon! :slight_smile:

Guys, I’m also looking for a tire. I couldn’t flip a 550, so I’m thinking something 300-400lbs would be good for me. Any idea if contractors usually know what their tires weigh? Is there any way I can figure out the weight if they don’t know?

best way I know is to weigh your truck on the way to pick up your tire at a truck stop and a gain on the way home.

That’s a great idea - thanks!

what do u reccomend for weight since i can deadlift 405 and squat 325

[quote]ehsbeast73 wrote:
Pipes06 wrote:
if you wanna take a ride, come to my house and take one off the big ass tractor in my back yard ( i did )

r u serious about that?
where in jersey? if close by ill be xtremly happy to take that off ur hands[/quote]

Fuck it, lol. The height of the tire would be about a little shorter than me, equal about 5’8 tall to me. Ill see when my rents are gonna junk the fucking thing because big ass junker dudes keep coming in and taking shit

I found this free tire on the “best of” craigslist… too bad for me it’s in Minnesota.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/min/703683551.html